IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Keith Kuntz Motorsports
12/20/18, 8:29 PM   #11
Vookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by brsteg View Post
I don't know if you guys have noticed, but Midget racing is in a bit of a revival. Car counts are actually up for midgets and races are up and interest is up.
Honest question, was there this much complaining about the Lewis 9 cars in the mid and late 90's?
Yes!

3 members like this post: 2fast4u, flagboy55, Jbaldwin
12/20/18, 8:50 PM   #12
Re: Keith Kuntz Motorsports
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

It's by far not all KKM anymore. Clauson Marshal, Petry, Tucker Boat. Many other teams have more than one car that runs when they run. Some who have three or four and rent three of them so they can continue. I remember this sport when it was absolutely dominated by one or two teams and or one or two drivers..

Now, If Bell and Larson show they're up there, but most times there's 15 cars and drivers that any night could put in in the circle.a if not more.

It almost makes sense to have to cars and carry one set of spares if your having trouble keeping one team out there. Team up. Use one hauler for two, three cars, Keep one set of spares for two cars, Two for three. Buy tires, oil etc in bulk. for less.
Last edited by Charles Nungester; 12/20/18 at 8:55 PM.

12/20/18, 8:54 PM   #13
racefan20

Quote:
Originally Posted by brsteg View Post
I don't know if you guys have noticed, but Midget racing is in a bit of a revival. Car counts are actually up for midgets and races are up and interest is up.
Honest question, was there this much complaining about the Lewis 9 cars in the mid and late 90's?
I had meant to ask that question on this thread. Lewis was twice as dominant as KKM has been. Big difference in the way they were run though. Lewis had plenty of money so he only hired top of the line drivers. At the end of the day the checkbook didnt have to balance the way KKM's does.

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus

2 members like this post: AustinSprinter, cornerthree
12/21/18, 2:26 AM   #14
flagboy55

Everyone needs to listen to the podcast. That said, if you want to race with the highest level of midget racing, which is the United States Auto Club, somebody is going to have to pay for it. The days of a bunch of car owners hiring drivers are gone. If you are lucky enough to have a family that has money to pay for it, good for you. Honestly it’s going to take some money to even be competitive enough to even be noticed. Funny some of the most successful KKM racers never brought a penny. Listen to the podcast. And by the way, they had Steve Lewis on a couple episodes ago, you can check that out too

3 members like this post: AustinSprinter, BrentTFunk, dirtnonwingfan
12/21/18, 2:30 AM   #15
revjimk

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtnonwingfan View Post
I am so tired of people whining about Keith. Put your money where your mouth is. Go help sponsor a team. Pay for a ride for someone with lots of talent but no money. KKR has consistently helped provide an entertaining, high-quality product. Either that or be happy with 10-car fields.
Exactly.... but I still root against them!

2 members like this post: luckybuc97, progressive22
12/21/18, 2:35 AM   #16
revjimk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midget98 View Post
It's first come first served as long as your check clears. I find it funny that so many people are interested in KKM's roster when it really is just a list of who has the money to afford to be on it. If his driver roster was about talent, it would include the likes of Tyler Courtney, Dave Darland, T-Mez. Those names won't be on his list anytime soon though.
Come on.... its $$$ AND talent. Chris Bell & Larson? PLENTY of talent. Even Holly Shelton holds her own against tough competition, was hoping to see her win a race...

12/21/18, 2:43 AM   #17
revjimk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonr View Post
As a midget fan, I love KKM. He supports both USAC and POWRi. He brings multiple cars to the track and brings opportunities for one-off rides. Without KKM does Kyle Larson of CBell run any of the USAC midget week shows or nearly as many midget shows as they do? For the crown jewel events, he sets the standard. How many cars did he have at the most recent Turkey night? I think it was 10 cars??

The final thing that drives me crazy about the KKM haters is that they always ignore the results. KKM drivers won both the USAC and POWRi national titles last year. His drivers have won USAC and POWRi national titles in the past years. In the past five years at least, if you want to win a national Midget race you had to beat a KKM driver. After each race night, his team will tweet the results of his entire team. The majority of the time he has 3 or more drivers in the top 5. The results will give the entire team including the drivers that didn't make it out of the B-main.

I would suggest all of the haters follow him on Twitter. It definitely gives you a better feel for the team. I espically like the midget week pictures where all of the drivers are doing maintenance on thier cars at 3 in the morning.

Please quit hating people because their situations are different than yours. Just because I cannot afford to put my kid in a KKM ride does not mean I have to hate the person that can.
Pretty much have to agree, with a few minor exceptions: I don't "love" KKM, but I respect them, & I'm really glad he brings so many hot cars to the tracks, & gives young drivers a chance. I just wish he'd paint the cars different colors & give then each their own number!!!!
I'm not a fan of rich people in general, but i certainly don't "hate" them either, good & bad in all economic classes

1 member likes this post: flagboy55
12/21/18, 2:46 AM   #18
revjimk

By the way, its "Kunz", not "Kuntz".... hope that wasn't intentional

1 member likes this post: flagboy55
12/21/18, 11:57 AM   #19
WinglessLovers

Race Count This Year: 19
Race Count Last Year: 85

Quote:
Originally Posted by revjimk View Post
By the way, its "Kunz", not "Kuntz".... hope that wasn't intentional
It was nothing more than a typo. Saw the news and wanted to post it. Fingers got carried away.

Bruce Eckel

1 member likes this post: AustinSprinter
12/21/18, 12:36 PM   #20
tspilly

Maybe someday he will have 10 sprint cars at a race.

5 members like this post: flagboy55, Hubie, jdull99, mc/rider, TNRustler
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Keith Kuntz Motorsports