IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Keith Kuntz Motorsports
12/20/18, 1:22 PM   #1
Keith Kuntz Motorsports
WinglessLovers

Race Count This Year: 19
Race Count Last Year: 85

Read that Ryan Robinson and Holly Shelton are out at KKM and so far Holley Hollan is in.

Bruce Eckel

2 members like this post: AustinSprinter, tirespinner
12/20/18, 4:38 PM   #2
Midget98

It's first come first served as long as your check clears. I find it funny that so many people are interested in KKM's roster when it really is just a list of who has the money to afford to be on it. If his driver roster was about talent, it would include the likes of Tyler Courtney, Dave Darland, T-Mez. Those names won't be on his list anytime soon though.

12/20/18, 5:47 PM   #3
Re: Keith Kuntz Motorsports
kdobson

Yea. Same way at the ball park. Those seats behind home plate are first come first served as long as your check clears. It's funny how many people are interested in seeing who's sitting there when it's really just a list of who has the money to afford it. If it was about who was the biggest fan, I'd be sitting there.

Such BS that it gets run like a business to make it sustainable and profitable enough to pay the bills and put food on the table. Keith and Pete really shouldn't use racing as a way to make a living. They need the rest of us to tell them how to run their business and shame them for being successful at it. That's how this racing gig is supposed to work. Throwing stones from the back of the pack at the ones in the front moving forward.

12/20/18, 5:47 PM   #4
miledirt

Wonder which of the KKM cars are not paid rides
I know Bell didn't bring money. Like someone else said, Mr Kunz explained well on a podcast the logic for some families who hire KKM rather buy their own trailers, cars, motors etc. Thankful for all that KKM has done and is doing for midget racing
Last edited by miledirt; 12/20/18 at 9:44 PM.

12/20/18, 5:52 PM   #5
#1Brad Kuhn Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by miledirt View Post
Wonder which of the KKM cars are not paid rides
Technically all of them. Someone is paying something. Sponsorship or Keith or someone's parents. Nothing is a free ride.

12/20/18, 6:31 PM   #6
flagboy55

The Rip the Fence podcast just had an episode with Kieth Kunz. Go listen to it, he explains some of this well. I perhaps am in the minority but I like what they do and the quality of product they put on the track. I think it’s raised the quality of midget racing as a whole

12/20/18, 6:43 PM   #7
dirtnonwingfan

Race Count This Year: 6

I am so tired of people whining about Keith. Put your money where your mouth is. Go help sponsor a team. Pay for a ride for someone with lots of talent but no money. KKR has consistently helped provide an entertaining, high-quality product. Either that or be happy with 10-car fields.

12/20/18, 6:57 PM   #8
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Some of these drivers have contract as developmental, Some bring a major sponsor. Some may be a rich family. And some have the talent to deserve a look by the owner.

From startup though You might be saving $$ doing it that way vs. Cars, motors, tires, shop, crew chiefs, travel. insurance etc, etc..

There's always going to be those with more than you, And certainly those with less.

Unless your willing to put up the 50-75 dollar gate for all these shows to support purses that would make it viable to get into and not totally lose your tail. Whining about it is just kinda petty.

12/20/18, 7:23 PM   #9
Jonr

As a midget fan, I love KKM. He supports both USAC and POWRi. He brings multiple cars to the track and brings opportunities for one-off rides. Without KKM does Kyle Larson of CBell run any of the USAC midget week shows or nearly as many midget shows as they do? For the crown jewel events, he sets the standard. How many cars did he have at the most recent Turkey night? I think it was 10 cars??

The final thing that drives me crazy about the KKM haters is that they always ignore the results. KKM drivers won both the USAC and POWRi national titles last year. His drivers have won USAC and POWRi national titles in the past years. In the past five years at least, if you want to win a national Midget race you had to beat a KKM driver. After each race night, his team will tweet the results of his entire team. The majority of the time he has 3 or more drivers in the top 5. The results will give the entire team including the drivers that didn't make it out of the B-main.

I would suggest all of the haters follow him on Twitter. It definitely gives you a better feel for the team. I espically like the midget week pictures where all of the drivers are doing maintenance on thier cars at 3 in the morning.

Please quit hating people because their situations are different than yours. Just because I cannot afford to put my kid in a KKM ride does not mean I have to hate the person that can.

12/20/18, 8:27 PM   #10
brsteg

Race Count This Year: 8
Race Count Last Year: 43

I don't know if you guys have noticed, but Midget racing is in a bit of a revival. Car counts are actually up for midgets and races are up and interest is up.
Honest question, was there this much complaining about the Lewis 9 cars in the mid and late 90's?

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Keith Kuntz Motorsports