IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Hot Weather for Kokomo & Beyond
7/23/16, 9:23 AM   #31
D.N.3

Had a great time last night and I'm not a huge wing fan. The weather was decent come race time. The feature was phenomenal, racing on every bit of the track as usual at Kokomo. Congratulations to Bell. Looking forward to more tonight.

1 member likes this post: JarrettFarms73
7/23/16, 10:12 AM   #32
Re: Hot Weather for Kokomo & Beyond
BrentTFunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer-x View Post
When I was a kid we bailed hay in weather like this as I am sure many on here have before. THE WORLD SURE IS CHANGIN!!!!😭
I am sure there are plenty of people working. Going to the races is not a mandatory deal. A lot of people will choose not to go because of the heat. It is just common sense.

7/23/16, 10:32 AM   #33
Stevensville Mike

Crystal Motor Speedway up here canceled for tonight. Butler moved their starting time back to 8:00 p.m. from 7:30 p.m.

Back to Kokomo tonight for me anyways!

1 member likes this post: team3521
7/23/16, 10:35 AM   #34
DirttrackFan62

yes anyone going please use caution in this heat

7/23/16, 12:46 PM   #35
Indy1808

Race Count This Year: 37
Race Count Last Year: 35

I agree!!!
its summer for gods sakes. What are we a bunch of namby pamby school children! Come on you wimps! Go or stay home. Jeez!
"Sitting in the Stands " #noteamracing

3 members like this post: FrankR63, MiniSprint53, racer-x
7/23/16, 1:08 PM   #36
ronmil

Race Count Last Year: 48

I remember Bloomington cancelled in 2012 and so did some other tracks. I'm dreading the Brickyard 400 tomorrow, but at least I am in the Paddock under the cover, and that helps tremendously. I don't see how anyone can sit out in those open seats. It was July 22, 2011 when Bloomington cancelled. When I went to my Facebook page there was a memory from July 23, 2011 which stated I was ready to see some sprint car racing after Bloomington had cancelled the previous night due to heat. I do recall Bloomington did run during some extremely hot conditions, probably in 2012. I recall my car showed 111 degrees just outside of Bedford on one occasion. I do recall the humidity was low during that intense heat and that entire summer was hot, so we became somewhat accustomed to it.
Last edited by ronmil; 7/23/16 at 1:25 PM.

1 member likes this post: fish
7/23/16, 2:56 PM   #37
Wingman

Stewart just stated in post qualifying interview that he will be at Kokomo. Not sure if he is running or not. Sorry if everybody already knew he would be there.

2 members like this post: i love dirt track racing, JarrettFarms73
7/23/16, 3:52 PM   #38
JarrettFarms73

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingman View Post
Stewart just stated in post qualifying interview that he will be at Kokomo. Not sure if he is running or not. Sorry if everybody already knew he would be there.
It's all good. I post stuff here that I see on Twitter because I know that even in my own family, they can navigate these boards w/ far more ease than they'll ever do on other social media outlets. Virtually no political rhetoric as an added bonus.

As far as Tony, my understanding is it'll be officiating in "his normal spot in turn 1".

1 member likes this post: Wingman
7/23/16, 3:55 PM   #39
flagboy55

Just watched the highlights, and it looked like Kokomo once again produced another awesome show. If you're a wing hater close to Kokomo and don't go looks like your cheating yourself of a great sprint car race

2 members like this post: rapid robert, Stevensville Mike
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Hot Weather for Kokomo & Beyond