IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > NW Pavement Sprints
7/19/16, 3:48 PM   #1
NW Pavement Sprints
Bad Dad 54

Michigan Traditional Sprints have a 2day NW Pavement races this weekend, Old Timers Night at Spartan on Fri then over to Auto City for a Saturday show. I have a good time going to these for dirt fan, may be I'll see ya there??

7/21/16, 3:48 PM   #2
Re: NW Pavement Sprints
Bad Dad 54

Thinkin Spartans gonna cancel this class if cars don't start showing up, 9 is not a good number to keep a class going. People say it's the tires, another says it's the pay, too long of a haul which I can understand if down by Indy. Wondering what happened to all the pavement sprints? I have a video of Winchester where they ran a C-Main w/ more cars than Spartans pulling in, too bad for a dirt guy I'm havin a good time w/ these guys

7/21/16, 4:20 PM   #3
bsmith8

Spartan cancelled due to heat per their FB page.

7/21/16, 11:42 PM   #4
schwarzracen27

Spartan sent out an email a week and half ago stating they quit running sprints "bi-weekly". Sounds like there is some interest in getting a non wing pavement deal for next year. MTS had 3 pavement dates left this year, July 22 at spartan, (hopefully they will reschedule), July 23 Auto city, and Sunday August 21 at Kalamazoo speedway.

Not wanting to beat a dead horse, but this might be the last chance in keeping non wing pavement sprints going.

1 member likes this post: Tony74
7/22/16, 3:58 PM   #5
Re: NW Pavement Sprints
duel

I was looking forward to this show. Was hoping they would get 16 or so sprints being MTS. Last year it was a great time with all the old timers and their cars on the track. Maybe they were concerned for the old times but this is summer. 90 with a little humidity and a 12 mph wind sounds like a summer evening.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > NW Pavement Sprints