IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Indiana sprint week survey!
7/18/16, 6:43 PM   #21
Re: Indiana sprint week survey!
mowerman

Race Count This Year: 13
Race Count Last Year: 87

Kokomo

3 members like this post: Alfkittycatclub, i love dirt track racing, tmac39
7/18/16, 6:46 PM   #22
revjimk

Best change: I need to get there one of these years!
I like bigger purses, $$$ to make all races, but haven't won Mega Millions yet... by the way, has anybody won it yet?

7/18/16, 7:16 PM   #23
Wingman

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildman92 View Post
I would swap Gas City for Brownstown. Hit BTown Friday, Lawrenceburg Saturday and Kokomo Sunday.
Best suggestion yet!

7/18/16, 7:34 PM   #24
Rpracing1

Race of the week?......Tie........Haubstadt & Kokomo......Flip a coin
Biggest surprise of the week?......First Time Winners
Most underachieved? .......Darland & Stanbrough/Amati Team
How many did you attend? ...........6
Would you change anything for next year? ......Change nothing

7/18/16, 8:19 PM   #25
WinglessLovers

Race Count This Year: 19
Race Count Last Year: 85

Quote:
Originally Posted by open_wheel_outlaw View Post
Race of the week? Kokomo

Biggest surprise of the week? Multiple 1st time USAC winners

Most underachieved? Myself for only making it to two races and I live near Terre Haute.

How many did you attend? Only two

Would you change anything for next year? Get my butt to more races
Race of the Week: Got to give it to Kokomo with Gas City a close second.

Biggest surprise of the Week: Would have to be the 4 first time winners and seven different winners overall. Also kudos go out to Tyler Thomas making every A main and the fine performances from Josh Hodges.

Most Underachieved: Got to be the Amati Racing #66. They had a real rough ISW first parting ways with Meseraull & then struggling to make the field in most every race.

How Many Did You Attend: Five.

Would You Change Anything for Next Year: No. It is good as it is. Don't need more than seven races. More races makes it tougher on the teams and drivers.

2 members like this post: tirespinner, wildman92
7/18/16, 8:41 PM   #26
BrentTFunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
Wow, I answer my way with suggestions to possibly put more $$ in racers pockets due to the popularity of the event, Give a extra heat and not have twelve cars for four spots?

I went to Waynesfield and seen one more sprint race that night than Kokomo had, Wasn't smashed in like a sardine in the stands Could take a bottle of water in if I wanted etc. AND MOST OF ALL, IT WAS TWO HOURS CLOSER TO HOME It's not a boycott of either Kokomo or USAC. I've never done more than four and most of that time I coudn't have made more if I wanted too.

But this is you Brent, I offer to give you a ride if you needed one at LPS , (IF you can even remember) and you want to call me out for missing one race even though I made one I didn't plan on attending.

OK BUDDY, Whatever.
No big deal. Just saying that if you were at all the shows you would not want more. The teams especially the small ones are already worn out. I like seeing teams run for more money, and it won't happen if people don't support the big money shows.

5 members like this post: dirt330, flagboy55, Jbaldwin, TBONE, tirespinner
7/19/16, 1:45 AM   #27
btg1963

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Nunn View Post
Hey everyone just wanted to see what you thought to a few questions

Race of the week?
Biggest surprise of the week?
Most underachieved?
How many did you attend?
Would you change anything for next year?
I made it to four of the seven... Gas City, Kokomo, Putnamville, and Haubstadt. My pick for best race was Kokomo, but it was exceptional. At Gas City, it was unbelievable to see Sunshine look like he was in slow motion while running down Clauson. Brady Short was fun to watch at Putnamville, coming from 11th to first. I, like many, am still waiting for the mistake that never came from Carson Short at Haubstadt!! He was flawless in traffic!

I am a bit of a racing historian. I tend to favor tradition in lieu of new, but for SprintWeek, I would rather see Brownstown instead of Terre Haute. I think the four tracks I attended show I truly believe the smaller tracks are putting on the better show. Sorry Lawerenceburg, but while you have the most outstanding facility, you don't have the most outstanding racing. What I cannot understand is why the car counts are always down at Haubstadt. The Helfrich family should be rewarded for having hands down, the best PRIVATELY owned facility in Indiana. (This is to take NOTHING away from Putnamville. The upgrades there are OUTSTANDING.). The racing surface at TSS is the smoothest and easy on equipment, but the cars stay away. ANY THOUGHTS?

My biggest surprise of the week was watching a top three team in points scramble to make a feature. With two different (and excellent) drivers no less...

Seven races in nine days is a great series. I have already mentioned my change... The series the way it is allows a person to make the races they can and still make work the next day if necessary.

1 member likes this post: Larry Welch
7/19/16, 8:27 AM   #28
mr g

Wow what a sprint week!!
best race Kokomo and Bloomington
7 winners by far is the story line
those that we would think would have a better week, Grant, Jon S
How about those that made every race without a provisional!
next year, need a sponsor that will enable them to add to the overall purse.
same race tracks
before the feature bring all the A main cars and line up before the crowd and make a big deal for those that was able to make it!! highlight the crowd. This is to be a huge event right!

4 members like this post: Charles Nungester, dirt330, kcarm92, tirespinner
7/19/16, 10:52 AM   #29
open_wheel_outlaw

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by btg1963 View Post
I am a bit of a racing historian. I tend to favor tradition in lieu of new, but for SprintWeek, I would rather see Brownstown instead of Terre Haute.
That would be a major blow to Terre Haute as they only have 5 open wheel races to begin with, plus they occupy one of the least desirable dates of Sprint Week being on a Wednesday night too. I hope THAT never comes off Sprint Week, as I've seen it happen in the past when the track was dark for a few years there. I like the variety of having Burg and THAT on schedule, but understand how the bigger tracks are harder on equipment too. Just afraid if THAT loses this date we could possibly loss THAT completely down the road. Thanks to the O'Connors for all they do to keep THAT up and running quality races! Also nothing against Brownstown either would like to see Sprint Week race there, but not at expense of Terre Haute.

7/19/16, 4:27 PM   #30
nodramazone20

I would love to see Brownstown added to ISW2017

1 member likes this post: HoosierMikey
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Indiana sprint week survey!