IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Paragon Speedway Cancelled
7/22/16, 8:34 PM   #11
hairracer44

I respect the decision Keith made. Anyone can get on here and say they think it's a bad choice. Unless you own a track and know what it takes to prep a track and the expense to open the gates and gamble if cars and fans are showing up I don't think you get it. Feel free to purchase Paragon and run it the way you want Keith is more than willing to sell anyone with the right money the track or there are a couple others in the state for sale. I think it pretty piss poor to get on this site and bad mouth a track owner that you have no clue how hard he works with very little help to be sure a lot of people can race and fans can watch.
David Hair
Last edited by hairracer44; 7/22/16 at 8:37 PM.

7/22/16, 9:33 PM   #12
Re: Paragon Speedway Cancelled
Speedwrench

For what it's worth, Fremont has cancelled for tomorrow night due to heat also.

4 members like this post: fish, Hammer, Motormasher, tirespinner
7/22/16, 10:43 PM   #13
Jensen44

Quote:
Originally Posted by hairracer44 View Post
I respect the decision Keith made. Anyone can get on here and say they think it's a bad choice. Unless you own a track and know what it takes to prep a track and the expense to open the gates and gamble if cars and fans are showing up I don't think you get it. Feel free to purchase Paragon and run it the way you want Keith is more than willing to sell anyone with the right money the track or there are a couple others in the state for sale. I think it pretty piss poor to get on this site and bad mouth a track owner that you have no clue how hard he works with very little help to be sure a lot of people can race and fans can watch.
David Hair
Well said

7/23/16, 8:51 AM   #14
jjg30

Lps running an hour late if u wanna race big dogs probably be at montpieler JMO

1 member likes this post: Motormasher
7/23/16, 11:20 AM   #15
Jerry Spencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hairracer44 View Post
David Hair
On the money my friend, this heat kills people and it kills the gate something a track ownwer depends on. I just hope as hot as it is nobody does end up on the news this weekend due to being out in the heat.

Please use some common sense this weekend so we can see you next weekend.

As always take a second to tell them you love them while you have it.

Jerry #66j

7/23/16, 12:42 PM   #16
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

I got all the respect in the world if a track wants to cancel on a extremely hot day or cold day. This crowds getting no younger and for some elderly, people with asthma and breathing problems. It's UNWISE to do it, Even if you don't have AC you should be in the shade, A fan and plenty of cold liquids.

I also got all the respect in the world for tracks that will run, There are enough racing nuts both teams and fans to support reg shows, The only thing I question is the number of tracks aiming for one SATURDAY expecially after sprint week where some teams will be busy rebuilding or just taking a week off.

The main thing is he cancelled AHEAD OF TIME, Not race day, which gives everyone a option. Well done MR. Ford. And well done for the tracks going ahead tonight. No whinning on car or fan counts. It is what it is.
Last edited by Charles Nungester; 7/23/16 at 12:44 PM.

4 members like this post: hairracer44, mc/rider, Speedwrench, Vukie
7/24/16, 9:24 AM   #17
HARFprez

Race Count This Year: 3

If in doubt look at the stands for yesterdays race at the Brickyard. I ran errands right after the race and Speedway was it's regular self. I'm with the others, good call for fans and drivers (in nomex fire suits).

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Paragon Speedway Cancelled