IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > This Friday in Bloomington
7/20/16, 11:34 AM   #1
This Friday in Bloomington
Chris Nunn

Race Count This Year: 20

At the Monroe County Fairgrounds will be the MMSA Mini Sprints and the UMRA King of the TQ Midgets. This kind of thing doesn't happen at the Fair very often if ever, so come out and check it out. They have done a lot of work to the grandstand area to make this race happen.
Attached Images
image.jpeg (39.7 KB, 168 views)

2 members like this post: SteveW, WinglessLovers
7/21/16, 9:21 PM   #2
Re: This Friday in Bloomington
TC

Just a bump to the top to remind people that there will be racing tomorrow at the Monroe County fairgrounds. Entry into the grounds will be free tomorrow and only $10 to get into the grandstand for races. I believe many of the food vendors will be setup and selling food. Should be a good night to come out and enjoy some racing. Heres a picture I got of the track tonight as they worked on it.
Attached Images
Untitled.jpg (68.0 KB, 150 views)
Last edited by TC; 7/21/16 at 9:33 PM.

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
7/22/16, 11:52 AM   #3
SteveW

Is the track "D" shaped or is the picture distorted?

7/22/16, 12:15 PM   #4
Chris Nunn

It's a panoramic which makes it look weird. But it's not D shaped.

7/22/16, 10:32 PM   #5
badcoupe

Although small it was a nice track, the mini sprints a bit too big as they were really slow. Caleb Faulkner got his first feature win leading green to checkers. Followed by Roland Arnold Purcell Hernandez paxson wolfsiffer

2 members like this post: SteveW, TQ29m
7/23/16, 3:31 AM   #6
cfr

Track was small but nice, especially considering they just recently hauled in the dirt to make the track! Thanks to everyone that made it happen. Caleb got his first feature win of 2016. (He got his first feature win last year in Michigan.) Had a great battle with Robbie Roland. Thanks to our sponsors: Purdue Polytechnic Columbus, Culver's Columbus, B&M Salvage, Carquest, and Creative Finishing.

Ray Faulkner

3 members like this post: SteveW, TQ29m, WinglessLovers
7/23/16, 10:48 AM   #7
WinglessLovers

Race Count This Year: 16
Race Count Last Year: 85

My wife and I attended the Monroe County Fair races last night and really enjoyed ourselves. The entire facility was way nicer than we thought it might be. Yes, the track was small and was tight for the mini sprints but once the field was pared down to 15 the racing was very good. In the future MMSA might want to consider only starting 15 at the smaller tracks such as this. The grandstands were very nice, the guard rail and protective fencing was very good and the surface held up well. The TQ's also performed well and being they were smaller produced the better racing. Hats off to both groups for keeping the program moving along nicely with the first green dropping at 7:32 and the last checkered waving at 9:17. No needless messing around just almost continual racing action. A very nice touch for the MMSA group giving away side wing and front wings to people in the crowd. That side wing of Brad Strunk would have looked good on one of the walls of our race room in the house! We were very impressed by the entire show and would definitely return next year for this race.

Bruce and Pat Eckel

7/23/16, 11:58 AM   #8
Chris Nunn

I had fun announcing this event. Was definitely unique and I hope it happens again next year.

2 members like this post: BrentTFunk, WinglessLovers
7/23/16, 1:30 PM   #9
badcoupe

Chris you are excellent announcer my driver even commented about you while we were watching mini feature.

2 members like this post: BrentTFunk, SteveW
7/23/16, 3:29 PM   #10
Chris Nunn

Tell him I said thank you for the kind words. Always enjoy calling the TQ races any chance I get.

2 members like this post: BrentTFunk, SteveW
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > This Friday in Bloomington