IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Indiana sprint week survey!
7/20/16, 11:25 AM   #41
Re: Indiana sprint week survey!
davidm

Race Count This Year: 21
Race Count Last Year: 23

Watching a driver enter turn one at Terre Haute at full speed in a sprint car is a thing of beauty and bravery. I'd very much miss not seeing that as part of Sprint Week!

7/21/16, 3:03 AM   #42
flagboy55

David you are right, but walk the extra quarter mile to turn 3, you get the same big pitch without the obstruction of the front stretch tower

3 members like this post: davidm, i love dirt track racing, tirespinner
7/21/16, 10:54 AM   #43
Nate

Race of the week: Kokomo, Gas City is a close second.
Biggest surprise: 4 new USAC feature winners and 7 different winners

Not so much what I would change but I wouldn't mind seeing Brownstown added to ISW in 2017 if another track were to come off the schedule. One would think that could be a real possibility with the current state of affairs at Gas City unless there has been some kind of recent development. Other tracks I have seen mentioned may not be equipped for a ISW race whether its a lack of seating, lack of parking, or something else.

3 members like this post: tirespinner, wildman92, Wingman
7/21/16, 12:38 PM   #44
Jerry Spencer

We just did not have the money to run them all but I think the best thing that happened was what didn't happen, NOBODY GOT HURT. Huge thank you too the Tracks, Fans and the crews that work thier butts off to put on a show for us.

Tell them you love them as tomorrow is no way promised.

Jerry #66j

7/21/16, 4:46 PM   #45
MIKE HEIMEL

As A Fan They All Are Some Of The Best Races On The Planet !! Jerrys Post Is Great, As None Of The Drivers Were Injured. Hard To Pick Which One Was Best But ***** Oh Never Mind, Just Cant Decide lol. Thanks To All The Promoters,Officials, Drivers, Teams And Fellow Race Fans !!!For Another Awesome Indiana Sprint Week

3 members like this post: BrentTFunk, flagboy55, i love dirt track racing
7/21/16, 5:00 PM   #46
BrentTFunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post

We all got our prefferences and thats great. I like the variety
I agree, variety is what the week is all about.

3 members like this post: Charles Nungester, flagboy55, tirespinner
7/21/16, 7:36 PM   #47
ckbean

Made them all , best races Kokomo , THAT, TSS , thanks to LPS/ Joe & Jill Spiker for fan hospitality.

3 members like this post: flagboy55, mc/rider, tirespinner
7/22/16, 3:51 PM   #48
captrat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Nunn View Post
Hey everyone just wanted to see what you thought to a few questions

Race of the week?
Biggest surprise of the week?
Most underachieved?
How many did you attend?
Would you change anything for next year?
Kokomo, but enjoyed them all
7 different winners
Amati Racing
All of them
Pipe Dreams: Replace bleachers at Gas City, reserved seats to inhibit people abusing the saving of seats at all venues

1 member likes this post: Wingman
7/22/16, 4:20 PM   #49
ronmil

Race Count Last Year: 48

I attended all but Gas City and Kokomo and enjoyed all of them. I would give the nod to Bloomington and Haubstadt as the best of those I saw.
Is is just me, or were there more squabbles over seats than usual? I witnessed a man and his father apparently have seats they had marked in the top row at Terre Haute taken over by a group who had placed folding chairs behind the top row (a definite no no). They may have been chairs that were down by the track that were there for the stage shows. The man and his father exchanged words with the large group, and wound up moving to a different location. I also saw some chairs that were placed along the walk towards the first turn at Bloomington that were never occupied, and there was an upset person who had their chair moved by another spectator. Maybe this is normal, but it was the first time I had seen this much turmoil over seats.
I think Bloomington quite possibly had the largest crowd I have ever seen there. Parking is the biggest issue there, although I found a good parking space in the lower lot and drove right out. All the races were well attended, and I think the current schedule is just fine.
I will probably follow the same schedule next year, as I traditionally only do the second half, which is what I did this year, with the exception of the addition of Lawrenceburg.

2 members like this post: dirt330, rclaridge
7/23/16, 4:03 AM   #50
Stephen Cording

Race of the week? Kokomo, no Gas City, no Lawrenceburg, no Gas City, No Kokomo it is

Biggest surprise of the week? New winners and a heck of a Gas City race marred by blanket-gate.

Most underachieved? Dave Darland / Jon Stanbrough

How many did you attend? All of them.

Would you change anything for next year? Gas City & Kokomo to have reserved seating -Online & track sales please, ISW has become to big an event for open seating. Hate to see a celebration of the best of the best elite non-wing sprint car racing in the world spoilt by bickering, hot tempers, fighting and disappointment over something that can very easily be solved.

Last edited by Stephen Cording; 7/23/16 at 4:07 AM.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Indiana sprint week survey!