IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > FLO Racing "All Access" is what short track racing needs
8/1/20, 6:14 PM   #1
FLO Racing "All Access" is what short track racing needs
Will Shunk

I have been very impressed with all of the FLO Racing across every type of cars, tracks, series, and regions. More importantly, the "All Access" short films that follow along and interview is the perfect way let fans see and hear what is really going on; the good, the bad, and the profane. From T Mez being T Mez, Windom handling a down night, Grant's determination, and Seavey's learning curve makes for a 15 to 20 minute insightful and informative inside look into our USAC personalities and teams. Thanks to everyone involved who provide entertainment at the track and on FLO Racing. Ideas for future subjects might be a track owner's day/night, a night in the press box, an on track official, the FLO crew in the van, on the ground broadcaster or a walking camera, a photographer's night, and many others who's efforts earn our loyalty to make our grassroots sport so great. I will send this on to Flo Sports and I hope you take the time to let FLO know your impression of the job they are doing for race fans as well. (It is always nice to hear something good once in awhile)

8/1/20, 9:27 PM   #2
HARFprez

Race Count This Year: 3

A+++ for the job Flo is doing. During the lockdown Flo has been a Godsend.

8/2/20, 4:50 AM   #3
Blackduce

Flo racing is very impressive program. I can't think of 1 thing I would change. It has been one hell'va blessing for the sport we love. From information, camera work, and announcers. Could not be better. My friends in Australia have only missed 2 weekends. So this is world wide. And a few minutes after checker I can watch again. What a good deal for this price.
Thanks Flo

Lynn

8/2/20, 6:21 AM   #4
Re: FLO Racing "All Access" is what short track racing needs
mc/rider

Race Count This Year: 42

Does any of the money from subscriptions and advertising go to the drivers and car owners?

2 members like this post: luckybuc97, racenut69
8/2/20, 8:03 AM   #5
sp6967

Quote:
Originally Posted by mc/rider View Post
does any of the money from subscriptions and advertising go to the drivers and car owners?

1 member likes this post: mc/rider
8/2/20, 12:46 PM   #6
Will Shunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by sp6967 View Post
I have absolutely no idea what the breakdown in streaming rights money is and where it flows. Most of us hope FLO exposure would at least indirectly support tracks and teams through more and larger sponsorship support. Having general subscriber data to use in proposals would surely help that cause. Flo Sports business model is direct data acquisition for advertisers. In plain English, that means they will listen to its subscribers. As subscribers we can accept the same old or we can write FLO to push for more direct support for the participating tracks and teams. Or we can continue to help our tracks and teams by getting in meaningless pissing matches on our computers.

3 members like this post: Hubie, PIT CART, Stephen Cording
8/2/20, 2:41 PM   #7
Stephen Cording

Enjoying each and every All Access mini-films.
Brilliant insights. Thanks to all involved and please please please FloRacing USAC / All Stars keep them coming.

3 members like this post: Hubie, jonboat15, Will Shunk
8/2/20, 4:33 PM   #8
Will Shunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Cording View Post
Enjoying each and every All Access mini-films.
Brilliant insights. Thanks to all involved and please please please FloRacing USAC / All Stars keep them coming.
MY email sent to FLO Sports today.
"I want to thank you and those involved with bringing dirt track racing and especially sprint car racing to streaming. You already know the global reach of your subscriptions and the enlightenment that exciting, dirt slinging sprint cars bring to new fans. The racing coverage by USAC and All Stars broadcasts is exceptional but many long time fans are just as interested in the "films" developed to bring us the inside look into our various personalities in grassroots racing.

I do not claim to be a businessman or an entrepreneur but I would hope some of the phenomenal growth in subscribers and advertising revenue might trickle down to the series, tracks, and teams that make this programming possible. Many nights these teams are racing in positions 10 back through 22 for purse money that has been stagnant for 20 or 30 years. Granted they love to race for racing's sake (it shows) but a few more bucks in everyone's pocket can only enhance the on screen product promising even more growth for all involved.

Many fans hope that FLO Racing will usher in an new "golden age" of short track racing not only through streaming but fans clamoring to witness this dirt form of motorsport in person. Thank you and keep up the great work guiding your streaming platform for all sports!"

Will Shunk

When will you step up for your racing series, track, team, or driver and write to get them a greater piece of the pie? Thanks for you help. Contact victor.trevino@flosports.tv

6 members like this post: dkdorkboy, Hubie, luckybuc97, racenut69, Rcar, Stephen Cording
8/2/20, 10:19 PM   #9
revjimk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will Shunk View Post
MY email sent to FLO Sports today.
"I want to thank you and those involved with bringing dirt track racing and especially sprint car racing to streaming. You already know the global reach of your subscriptions and the enlightenment that exciting, dirt slinging sprint cars bring to new fans. The racing coverage by USAC and All Stars broadcasts is exceptional but many long time fans are just as interested in the "films" developed to bring us the inside look into our various personalities in grassroots racing.

I do not claim to be a businessman or an entrepreneur but I would hope some of the phenomenal growth in subscribers and advertising revenue might trickle down to the series, tracks, and teams that make this programming possible. Many nights these teams are racing in positions 10 back through 22 for purse money that has been stagnant for 20 or 30 years. Granted they love to race for racing's sake (it shows) but a few more bucks in everyone's pocket can only enhance the on screen product promising even more growth for all involved.

Many fans hope that FLO Racing will usher in an new "golden age" of short track racing not only through streaming but fans clamoring to witness this dirt form of motorsport in person. Thank you and keep up the great work guiding your streaming platform for all sports!"

Will Shunk

When will you step up for your racing series, track, team, or driver and write to get them a greater piece of the pie? Thanks for you help. Contact victor.trevino@flosports.tv
Well done!

1 member likes this post: Will Shunk
8/2/20, 10:25 PM   #10
revjimk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will Shunk View Post
I have been very impressed with all of the FLO Racing across every type of cars, tracks, series, and regions. More importantly, the "All Access" short films that follow along and interview is the perfect way let fans see and hear what is really going on; the good, the bad, and the profane. From T Mez being T Mez, Windom handling a down night, Grant's determination, and Seavey's learning curve makes for a 15 to 20 minute insightful and informative inside look into our USAC personalities and teams. Thanks to everyone involved who provide entertainment at the track and on FLO Racing. Ideas for future subjects might be a track owner's day/night, a night in the press box, an on track official, the FLO crew in the van, on the ground broadcaster or a walking camera, a photographer's night, and many others who's efforts earn our loyalty to make our grassroots sport so great. I will send this on to Flo Sports and I hope you take the time to let FLO know your impression of the job they are doing for race fans as well. (It is always nice to hear something good once in awhile)
Like HARFpres said, "During the lockdown Flo has been a Godsend." I greatly prefer live to PPV, but now I get to watch 2 or even 3 different races every nite. It never occurred to me to watch any of those All Access films (spend too much time on the Internet anyway) but i'll have to check them out... thanks!

1 member likes this post: Will Shunk
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > FLO Racing "All Access" is what short track racing needs