IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Crickets at Eldora & 4 Crown
8/3/20, 10:03 PM   #11
treecitytornado

The 4-Crown belongs at Eldora,ONLY!! Frustrating why Eldora hasn't tried to open, other than the Late Model Virtual Dream with No Fans.

Ohio Sprint Speedweek,raced all over Ohio, yet Eldora didn't open the Gates, even at Reduced Capacity.

Very disappointing & frustrating!

5 members like this post: dirt330, duel, flagboy55, luckybuc97, PIT CART
8/3/20, 11:51 PM   #12
openwheelfan1

I believe Eldora HAS tried to open. I read that their plans for racing the Dream, the Kings Royal and the “Dirt Derby” were denied by the state. Due to the spectator capacity of Eldora, they are forced to submit their plans for COVID 19 compliance to the state, unlike the smaller tracks (i. e., the Ohio Speedweek tracks) which only require local approval.

I’ll almost guarantee the state will keep Eldora shutdown, but will allow spectators at the big horseshoe in Columbus, OH come Sept.

1 member likes this post: flagboy55
8/4/20, 12:04 AM   #13
treecitytornado

That's my point, if Eldora stayed at the Capacity limits during Ohio Sprint Speedweek, like all the other tracks, they should be allowed to open & race!!

Unless Tony, decided if we can't open with as many people as possible, we are remaining closed.

4 members like this post: chrismattlin, duel, flagboy55, jim goerge
8/4/20, 4:37 AM   #14
Re: Crickets at Eldora & 4 Crown
Stevensville Mike

On another note, the IndyCar races at Mid-Ohio this upcoming weekend were just postponed to later in the season, if to be run at all.

https://www.indycar.com/2020/ScheduleUpdates

3 members like this post: flagboy55, jim goerge, Puppy
8/4/20, 2:58 PM   #15
Re: Crickets at Eldora & 4 Crown
Andrew S. Quinn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevensville Mike View Post
On another note, the IndyCar races at Mid-Ohio this upcoming weekend were just postponed to later in the season, if to be run at all.

https://www.indycar.com/2020/ScheduleUpdates
In far Western Ohio they announced today crickets will be the only ones in the stands at the Indy 500.....

2 members like this post: i love dirt track racing, racenut69
8/4/20, 8:28 PM   #16
bvall24

Race Count This Year: 17

The below link, from June 29, outlines what Eldora Speedway officials went through to try to open the track up to events. Their first submission for 50% capacity was shot down as well as their second submission of 17% capacity. The state labels Eldora as a “large venue” and will not allow these venues to operate with fans in attendance. The other tracks you mention are not considered large venue.

https://www.eldoraspeedway.com/2020/...-to-july-2021/

2 members like this post: racefan20, snowdrift
8/4/20, 9:11 PM   #17
flagboy55

The news today from Indy is terrible. Maybe some of you could explain it so I can grasp it. You could probably fit 50 thousand people in the speedway and still keep everyone 10 feet apart. In my opinion there’s another agenda at work here. Please correct me if I’m wrong

8/5/20, 3:07 AM   #18
treecitytornado

Sounds like Ohio Government needs to get their head out of their a**, if that's the case!! Easier to Social Distance at a bigger venue! It's Not Rocket Science!

6 members like this post: bvall24, chrismattlin, duel, flagboy55, jim goerge, luckybuc97
8/12/20, 4:19 PM   #19
flagboy55

Maybe I’m missing something but still nothing from the Big E. I’m sure they are trying to make something happen with the World’s Hundred now less than a month away. Anyone else have any clue as to what might be happening? I’m figuring nothing is going to happen and I feel bad for Eldora and all the fans. It seems to me however that an early cancellation might free up dates for races at other tracks not to mention fans who take time off to attend might be able to change their plans. Don’t get me wrong, I want it all to happen but time is running out.

1 member likes this post: nathans1012
8/12/20, 8:26 PM   #20
openwheelfan1

Quote:
Originally Posted by flagboy55 View Post
Maybe I’m missing something but still nothing from the Big E. I’m sure they are trying to make something happen with the World’s Hundred now less than a month away. Anyone else have any clue as to what might be happening? I’m figuring nothing is going to happen and I feel bad for Eldora and all the fans. It seems to me however that an early cancellation might free up dates for races at other tracks not to mention fans who take time off to attend might be able to change their plans. Don’t get me wrong, I want it all to happen but time is running out.
Eldora announced this evening that the 2020 World 100 will not run. They are going to run a live stream Late Model event with no spectators that weekend, but no World 100.

Pure speculation on my part, but I doubt the 4 Crown will happen this year.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Crickets at Eldora & 4 Crown