IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Lawrenceburg Sprints
6/27/20, 8:13 PM   #1
Lawrenceburg Sprints
cmiracingvids

18 cars. Brief shower after hot laps but the track is good now. Heat 1 was won by Brady Bacon (Hoffman 69). Heat 2 was won by Matt Westfall.

Notables:
Nick Bilbee
Shane Cockrum
Dickie Gaines
Sterling Cling
Drew Abel
Garrett Abrams

6/27/20, 10:13 PM   #2
cmiracingvids

Biblee wins it!! Bacon second and Westfall 3rd. Bacons engine was stumbling 3/4 of the way through. Good race though!

3 members like this post: billw, i love dirt track racing, tirespinner
6/28/20, 12:14 AM   #3
Re: Lawrenceburg Sprints
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Well for about the fifth time in two years I drove thru solid to sprinkle rain the whole 45 minutes to the track, It was sprinkling at the track when I got there at 445 but quit, they opened the gates and I went in after checking the radar which looked bad but I also knew that storms often split and go north over St Leon or South over Hebron. We got hot laps in and just as they were ending a steady drizzle fell for about 15 minutes, That was it. Many of the stock classes came out to help wheel pack.. Anyway turned into a beautiful night as I said, about the fifth time in two years I drove thru rain to see a race that actually happened.

Thanks Track and Crew! Felt a little better because it wasn't crowded. Fair size crowd for a race that wasn't even on the schedule till a couple weeks ago.

Anyhow Bacon made sure coming off one on the first lap he was ahead of Westfall and was running four in the fluff strong. It stayed that way for about half the race. Bilbee who started I think about eight had passed several cars and was fourth on lap 13 yellow. By Lap 19 he'd run down bacon who was now staying on the Cushion and went four in the fluff into one, shot down the bank and passed Bacon on the 19th lap. Bacon stayed with him but with two too go, definately noticed his motor lay down on him coming off four. They had a problem last week which he pulled in on. Anyway, I think Bilbee would have been in contention no matter, Congrats to him he drove a great race.

Bilbee
Bacon
Westfall
??
JJ Hughes
I think Cockrum who looked better than I thought he would. Not sure he's run here before.

Fun night. Mods were good too. Watching stricker run four in the fluff to pass half the field was a show in itself.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Lawrenceburg Sprints