IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Chase Stockton
7/30/20, 10:23 AM   #11
flagboy55

It sucks for Chase but I would say he got screwed by circumstances and not officiating

6 members like this post: Big Mike 7, dirt330, opnwhlmnd, SoIllSprinter, sw1911, tirespinner
7/30/20, 10:28 AM   #12
dirt330

What driver drove the wrong way after spinning out

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
7/30/20, 10:38 AM   #13
bsmith8

If you have facebook go on USAC FB page and watch round 4 highlights. You can see it all on there.

7/30/20, 11:03 AM   #14
cmiracingvids

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirt330 View Post
What driver drove the wrong way after spinning out
Nate McMillian

7/30/20, 11:33 AM   #15
SoIllSprinter

USAC’s rules were followed on the yellow flags and the green/white/checkered finish. That was unfortunate for Chase, who I wanted badly to see win, but the rules are clear. On the other hand if Justin gave him some front bumper going into one, as it appears, that is in my opinion, dirty racing. In sprint car racing, on a big, fast half mile like Terre Haute, that’s how you get someone hurt. Being competitive doesn’t include being reckless with the safety of other competitors. Try a legitimate slide job but miscalculate? Accidentally bang wheels while racing hard for the lead? Simply make an error being competitive? Those are racing deals. Give someone your front bumper going into a corner? Out of line.
If Grant moved him on purpose, as it looked to me, he is lucky. After watching Stockon race for many years I couldn’t see him seeking retaliation on the track, that’s not his style. All in all, it was a really good race and Bob, his crew, and the humidity had the track in great shape. Hope for the best with the weather tonight for LPS.

7/30/20, 2:50 PM   #16
Re: Chase Stockton
sw1911

Driving backwards into the leaders in the last turn of a race at Terre Haute is by far the dumbest thing I ever saw on any track

Doesn't that remind you of some famous racer rear ending a water truck? :-)

4 members like this post: flagboy55, jim goerge, racenut69, tirespinner
7/30/20, 3:13 PM   #17
ronmil

Race Count Last Year: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by sw1911 View Post
Driving backwards into the leaders in the last turn of a race at Terre Haute is by far the dumbest thing I ever saw on any track

Doesn't that remind you of some famous racer rear ending a water truck? :-)
I was sitting near the top of section g in the grandstand and I did not see that. I will check out the USAC Facebook page. What appeared to be a rather boring feature certainly changed after the caution flags began. IMHO the Tony Hulman Classic appeared to have a larger crowd. !Apparently folks arriving after a certain time encountered a $5 parking fee. Maybe it was considered a fair because they sold fair type food!?

7/30/20, 3:21 PM   #18
ronmil

Race Count Last Year: 48

I think there should be an award presented to Chase Stockon in memory of Jim Hurtubise who probably had his name misspelled as many times as Chase Stockon whose last name seems to get confused with the city of Stockton in California.

7/30/20, 8:32 PM   #19
openwheelfan1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronmil View Post
I was sitting near the top of section g in the grandstand and I did not see that. I will check out the USAC Facebook page. What appeared to be a rather boring feature certainly changed after the caution flags began. IMHO the Tony Hulman Classic appeared to have a larger crowd. !Apparently folks arriving after a certain time encountered a $5 parking fee. Maybe it was considered a fair because they sold fair type food!?
At the WoO show on July 12, we had to pay the $5 parking fee and we were given a yellow card that said “The parking fees are collected raise funds to make improvements to the Terre Haute Action Track to. Improve the racing experience”. If this is in fact true, then I have no problem with it. If it is lining someone’s pockets, I do.

I was under the impression that the Wabash Valley Fairgrounds owned the property the track sat on and the Fair Board managed it. I am almost sure that was the case years ago when my wife and I were in Terre Haute. That arrangement may have changed however.

1 member likes this post: ronmil
7/30/20, 9:17 PM   #20
BigWheel7

Race Count This Year: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoIllSprinter View Post
USAC’s rules were followed on the yellow flags and the green/white/checkered finish. That was unfortunate for Chase, who I wanted badly to see win, but the rules are clear. On the other hand if Justin gave him some front bumper going into one, as it appears, that is in my opinion, dirty racing. In sprint car racing, on a big, fast half mile like Terre Haute, that’s how you get someone hurt. Being competitive doesn’t include being reckless with the safety of other competitors. Try a legitimate slide job but miscalculate? Accidentally bang wheels while racing hard for the lead? Simply make an error being competitive? Those are racing deals. Give someone your front bumper going into a corner? Out of line.
If Grant moved him on purpose, as it looked to me, he is lucky. After watching Stockon race for many years I couldn’t see him seeking retaliation on the track, that’s not his style. All in all, it was a really good race and Bob, his crew, and the humidity had the track in great shape. Hope for the best with the weather tonight for LPS.
I was sitting down by turn four in the uncovered bleachers. Grant 100% drove underneath Chase coming out of 4 but I don’t know how long it stayed that way down the front stretch. I looked over to my father and said “Grant had his entire front bumper under Chase’s tail tank there”. He agreed.

I didn’t get there until the start of the heat races and no one was out collecting parking fees.
Last edited by BigWheel7; 7/30/20 at 9:23 PM. Reason: Adding more thoughts

2 members like this post: luckybuc97, ronmil
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Chase Stockton