IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
goforit14 (Offline)
  #1 5/10/16 9:44 PM
Looking for help. Run 08 GSXR 1000 on alcohol. Has 8 injectors system. for several races now it does not want to idle. Runs OK on track. I change plugs, Air control valve, cleaned low end injectors. Also changed to a new rebuilt motor (because has tranny issues with other) so don't think it is a valve train issue.. It idles very low and then dies. When its warm I have to push on throttle just to get it to start. (never had to do that before). You can hear it a very slight cough at idle. Any thoughts??
goforit14 (Offline)
  #2 5/10/16 9:45 PM
Also, has new battery and changed fuel pump when I ran it at Tulsa..
TQ29m (Offline)
  #3 5/10/16 9:52 PM
Can you determine if it's an intake or exhaust cough? Good time for a leak down test, could be a valve. Bob

"Being old, isn't half as much fun, as getting there"! Ole Robert I!
Bear10 (Offline)
  #4 5/10/16 9:56 PM
Did you turn the primary idle screw and raise the idle up??
goforit14 (Offline)
  #5 5/10/16 10:33 PM
Yes I turned idle up. So far that the jam nut is at end of the idle screw.. Also as I mentioned, I just switched to a newly rebuilt motor. Both old motor and the rebuilt (which had the valves clearance set) do the same thing so don't think it is mechanical.. At least I hope not..

Thanks
HinesFan (Offline)
  #6 5/10/16 10:43 PM
Check or change the map sensor also voltage check on throttle position sensor. I had similar issues with my kawasaki first few races