6/16/14, 4:39 PM   #11
Re: sprint week
Mud Packer

Race Count Last Year: 59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny Burton View Post
Then do what I do: plead ignorance.
Guilty as charged!

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante

2 members like this post: jim goerge, SlingShock
6/16/14, 4:50 PM   #12
mc/rider

Race Count This Year: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny Burton View Post
Then do what I do: plead ignorance.
Forget permission,go forgiveness

6/16/14, 5:22 PM   #13
racegal

Race Count This Year: 19

Hi! While we are on the subject of Sprint Week I would like to give a big shout out for the Express Inn! A great little lady works hard to make sure you have a nice clean place to stay! It isn't fancy but very nice! It is a straight shot from the track (Tri State) in Princeton. We have been staying there for a long time!
Phone # 812-386-1200. Her name is Priti.

4 members like this post: dirtnonwingfan, jim goerge, johnnythunderhead, racenut69
6/16/14, 9:38 PM   #14
Pine

I always do the first weekend. Because their right, that drive home from Haubstadt to Eastern Pennsylvania "IS" life changing !!! I'll take Gas City, Lawrenceburg, Kokomo, over any weekend...Anywhere
Last edited by Pine; 6/16/14 at 9:40 PM.

2 members like this post: cbell#1fan, speed bump
6/16/14, 10:30 PM   #15
Half fast

They got the best Thunder cars don't they Pine.

6/29/14, 1:50 PM   #16
Birdsboro

Race Count This Year: 10
Race Count Last Year: 30

ok, its official... getting set to do the 1st weekend.....dragging the daughter(10y.o.). That being said... this means I will be doing some "other" things while I am out there..lol. My plan is to stay in a hotel near gas... so questions are...Do I have to get to the tracks way before the gates open to get a proper seat?(driving from pa I don't want to not see) are there reserved seats or can you sit anywhere? how about lawn chair seating like on a hill or something? I read about the no driver shirt area at gas...what about kokomo or Lburg? lets see.....if anything else I missed feel free to educate me.... thanks.

1 member likes this post: racegal
6/29/14, 2:45 PM   #17
addictedtodirt

I recommend getting to the track before gates open. The line to get in will be long, but ya gotta go early to mark off your seat. Bring a butt pad and a bungie cord for easy seat marking. There are no reserved seats sold in advance.

No lawn chairs seating available at GC, Kokomo. You will see a few at very top of grandstands at L-burg.

An added bonus: after marking your seats at GC, buy a $1 50/50 for each of you and enjoy the pits up until the drivers meeting. A great, cheap way to see cars and stars up close. You can do this at the gate located near turn 4.

There will be t-shirt sales at 4 or more trailers usually parked somewhere with easy fan access.

Your gonna have a great time!
Last edited by addictedtodirt; 6/29/14 at 2:49 PM.

6/29/14, 3:37 PM   #18
Birdsboro

thanks for the info..

6/29/14, 4:32 PM   #19
Tumey's 55

If you are still thinking about golf to go along with some intense sprint car action I can comment on Kokomo area courses. Wildcat is very nice but a bit pricey (though very reasonable compared to courses near larger cities), Chippendale is a quality 27 hole course, the American Legion course is a good value and well kept for as much play as it receives. There is also a course west of town, Green Acres which is more rural though I haven't been there in a while so not sure what kind of shape it is in.

For a non-wing fan, ISW is as good as it gets. Enjoy.

6/29/14, 4:50 PM   #20
Birdsboro

yeah, I am looking to play... but it would have to be someplace kid friendly or cheap... I don't want to pay a fortune for my daughter to play a few holes and ride in the cart...lol. I gotta tell ya...I am big time looking forward to this.....enough that I am skipping out on pa speedweek.......lol
Last edited by Birdsboro; 6/29/14 at 4:52 PM.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > sprint week