IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Eldora & Usac
9/21/16, 11:30 AM   #41
minispeed

As for bargains! Free sauerkraut and a fully stock liquor bar!!!!

9/21/16, 12:48 PM   #42
Re: Eldora & Usac
Backitin

Quote:
Originally Posted by RynoK1999 View Post
Winged or not winged, who cares? Anything that can be complained about on here will be and it's a freaking shame. To throw a fit about a car having more downforce than another is something childish in this world of racing.

Quit bickering about what you can watch race, or you'll barely be able to watch anything race.
This is one of the least thought out posts ever, Who cares ?
Fans of true sprintcar racing do that's who.
With a wing a sprintcar is no longer a sprintcar, everything changes including the complete racing style. Not to mention putting a mass of ugly above one of the most gorgeous cars ever conceived.
Its not complaining its a fact, also a fact that all types of cars don't appeal to everyone. Jeez I like women, so I guess that must mean I aint never seen my share of ugly ones by your thinking.
The real shame that this isn't a real nonwing site like advertised.
Last edited by Backitin; 9/21/16 at 1:01 PM.

9/21/16, 3:53 PM   #43
John P Huss

Everyone attending 4 Crown
enjoy it Saturday. Weather
looks good.
Best Regards,
John

9/21/16, 7:24 PM   #44
motorhead748

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backitin View Post
With a wing a sprintcar is no longer a sprintcar, everything changes including the complete racing style. Not to mention putting a mass of ugly above one of the most gorgeous cars ever conceived.
Its not complaining its a fact, also a fact that all types of cars don't appeal to everyone. Jeez I like women, so I guess that must mean I aint never seen my share of ugly ones by your thinking.
I'd have to say Ryno is more in touch with reality. If a promotor is trying to strengthen his program (i.e. More fans) and can in turn let the racers earn a little more I'm all for it.
And as for sprint cars being gorgeous? I'd agree the cars from the 60's on back were pretty... But there is a place for them too...it's called a museum.
I'm gonna guess you've never been in a sprint car, especially at Eldora or you would have respect for anyone who has. Chill out dude, it's all good. Be happy that you can go to one of the greatest tracks in the country and watch anything.

6 members like this post: flagboy55, mc/rider, PIT CART, progressive22, ronmil, RynoK1999
9/21/16, 8:49 PM   #45
Tumey's 55

This is the most tired debate on this site, wing vs non wing (traditional sprint cars if you prefer). With regards to the event itself, you see all three divisions of USAC in one night at a bargain price. Consider the winged cars a bonus. If you don't like wings you can get up and leave like most sprint fans do for support classes at other tracks.

Instead of expressing displeasure for what it is not, enjoy it for what it is. Having said all this I do understand this site gives everyone an opportunity to express their opinions, tired or not.

9/22/16, 8:14 AM   #46
RynoK1999

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backitin View Post
I'm guessing you don't understand the concept of open wheel racing then, just use a little sense. In terms of women, you may not like their face, but you're not gonna walk up and say it in person will you? If putting a wing on it no longer makes it a Sprint Car, what does it become then? If you don't think that "mass of ugly" is a real sprint car, you go strap in at Knoxville and see if you can hold the gas. The 305 weekly show at Knoxville is far better than dare I say it.....Kokomo .

2 members like this post: motorhead748, racenut69
9/22/16, 8:37 AM   #47
Duane Hancock

I love they added the All Stars!!

5 members like this post: dirt330, flagboy55, motorhead748, ossuks, PIT CART
9/22/16, 8:53 AM   #48
Haulinmail

Just glad theres still a great place to go and see alot of good racing.

5 members like this post: dirt330, flagboy55, GYATK94, motorhead748, racenut69
9/22/16, 9:44 AM   #49
motorhead748

Quote:
Originally Posted by RynoK1999 View Post
I'm guessing you don't understand the concept of open wheel racing then, just use a little sense. In terms of women, you may not like their face, but you're not gonna walk up and say it in person will you? If putting a wing on it no longer makes it a Sprint Car, what does it become then? If you don't think that "mass of ugly" is a real sprint car, you go strap in at Knoxville and see if you can hold the gas. The 305 weekly show at Knoxville is far better than dare I say it.....Kokomo .
Go ez on them dude... You'll make them have a heart attack.

1 member likes this post: RynoK1999
9/22/16, 10:28 AM   #50
GYATK94

Race Count This Year: 36
Race Count Last Year: 34

As others have noted, this debate is so old because it's clear nobody is going to be persuaded. I'm on the side of enjoying both wing and non wing, and I don't plan on becoming a purist non winger anytime soon. I also don't foresee any strictly non wing fan on here jumping into wing fandom, which is fine. I can understand their reasons for not wanting to do so.

As others have also said, being appreciative of the fact most of us are in an area with such a variety of sprint car racing is better than partaking in a debate over purist vs non-purist that accomplishes nothing. We've got several dirt tracks in the area with countless races throughout the year. Weekly non wing shows and several USAC events on the non wing side. Many WoO and ASCoC shows in Indiana and in our neighboring state of Ohio on the wing side. We've got all of that but we're concerned about arguing about the two? How about we just go to the kinds of races we want to go to and enjoy them. It's not like the wing and non wing guys are running together routinely through the year. Don't want to watch the wings Saturday? Use the time to check out the souvenir trailers or head to the concession stand. As Charles said, those lines can get long, so sacrifice a few wing heats for some food or shirts. Not wanting to sound like some peacemaker, just tired of this debate that clearly has no solution.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Eldora & Usac