IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Eldora & Usac
9/20/16, 5:26 PM   #31
Re: Eldora & Usac
chrismattlin

Having the All-Stars doesn't bother me, but I'd do almost anything to get back the old format of qualifying and heats for all 4 divisions on Friday, then all features on Saturday. Man I miss that.

As far as the All-Stars go, I don't envision a large field as Kasey Kahne's Dirt Classic is at Lincoln Speedway the same night. ($1000 to start, $20000 to win) It'll mostly be points chasers and a few from Fremont and Attica.

1 member likes this post: SPRINTCAR
9/20/16, 5:27 PM   #32
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

It's not narrow minded to want a traditional night. The four crown always has been. Even the few years USAC had a promoters option for wings. The Four Crown ran NW.. There was a fendered class many years, but now they throw the wings in with it for attendance purposes only IMHO The gates gone up ten bucks too from just a couple years ago. IDK Bacon and maybe another couple are doing all four.

It's not all bad IMHO. Think there is more that would be willing to drive a Wing Sprint than a stock (At least from the openwheel side.

I just worry about the track conditions.

9/20/16, 7:03 PM   #33
wideopen24

It think it is awesome to have the All Stars and a true "4 Crown" again. I can't think of a reason a fan would not be excited for the addition of some of the best drivers in the world added to the event. The race track is going to be the same regardless.

4 members like this post: Clydesdale, flagboy55, motorhead748, PIT CART
9/20/16, 9:11 PM   #34
R A K

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrowbackRacingTeam View Post
I think the frustrating part for die-hard USAC fans like John is that there is no longer a night on the Eldora schedule just for USAC. It's a bit of a slap in the face. They share with the WoO and All Stars on each of their 3 nights this year. Under Earl's ownership there would be a minimum of 3 or more nights per season just for USAC. The only other options would be latemodels or modifieds, which I wouldn't mind. Maybe USAC should get into the modified business since they run together so much anyway. I would like to see the USAC midwest sprint car season opener back at Eldora without any winged cars.
Unfortunately, at those stand alone USAC events, the grandstand was less occupied. I remember that, yet never understood why.

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
9/20/16, 9:25 PM   #35
flagboy55

I am a die hard USAC FAN! And I wish we could lose the traditional label. Hell, with that rational let's take the cages off too. I don't know what the ticket price is Saturday night but I'm sure it's a bargain for the amount of OPEN WHEEL RACING we are going to see. Each former of sprint car racing has it's own virtues, and in my mind it's all good. Looking forward to enjoying it with, well most of you

9/21/16, 4:27 AM   #36
motorhead748

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
It's not narrow minded to want a traditional night. The four crown always has been. Even the few years USAC had a promoters option for wings. The Four Crown ran NW.. There was a fendered class many years, but now they throw the wings in with it for attendance purposes only IMHO The gates gone up ten bucks too from just a couple years ago. IDK Bacon and maybe another couple are doing all four.

It's not all bad IMHO. Think there is more that would be willing to drive a Wing Sprint than a stock (At least from the openwheel side.

I just worry about the track conditions.
With hot laps at 4:30 and sunny skies I'll agree with the track concerns....got me to thinking about atomic Saturday nite???

9/21/16, 6:11 AM   #37
BrentTFunk

David, you are correct. I have never been to the World 100. I have a bad enough habit going to what I do go to. I am sure it is good , or people would have quit going long ago. I think Saturday is for fans, one of the best bargains of the year. Most tracks charge $20 for a USAC midget race. $25 for a USAC sprint race. An All Star race would be about the same. $30 dollars for a Silver Crown. By my math, that is $100. A reserved seat for Saturday is $34. I would rate that as one of the better bargains of the year.

9/21/16, 8:52 AM   #38
david mitchell
Banned

Excellent point Brent.The two best bargains of the season are at Eldora.The WOO-usac program in May and the Four Crown.

9/21/16, 9:50 AM   #39
BrentTFunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by david mitchell View Post
Excellent point Brent.The two best bargains of the season are at Eldora.The WOO-usac program in May and the Four Crown.
I would put the Smackdown at Kokomo in that group too. For $80 you get a $3000 t0 win $300 to start race. then you get a reserved seat for Thursday, Friday and Saturday, and that includes a Pit Pass. Standard USAC Purse the first 2 nights and $10000 to win, $1000 to start on Saturday. The Eldora shows you mentioned are for sure a bargain. I just hope other tracks are not forced into following the lead of 2 tracks that charged $25 for Midgetweek shows.

9/21/16, 10:24 AM   #40
Eatin Dirt

As for the bargains. I thought that the Sprintacular at Eldora last October was pretty cool. You had BOSS sprints, the All Stars, and the NRA 360's. I think there was in the neighborhood of 121 total cars. Pretty good night of racing.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Eldora & Usac