IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Eldora & Usac
9/19/16, 10:09 PM   #21
flagboy55

I agree with 94, and Mr.Funk. On the infield go check it out, you won't be disappointed. Too bad it wasn't like the early days when there was no inside fence, you could almost reach out and touch em. While I loved the late models, I prefer the 4 open wheel classes. The USAC stock cars didn't do a lot for me other than I got to see a couple legends run there like Dean Roper, and I think Sal Tovella, was there too. 35 years ago is a while so don't hold me to that. Ironically I am skipping my 35 year class reunion for the 4 crown. Like Brent, have only missed a couple and that was because I was working at another race track that didn't have the sense to close that weekend

3 members like this post: BrentTFunk, duel, i love dirt track racing
9/19/16, 11:37 PM   #22
Re: Eldora & Usac
rdzsprint

Hopefully they will run the wing crap last so I can leave. The only reason I'm going is to watch USAC. If they weren't running I would stay home. Wings are okay for some fans, just not for me.

5 members like this post: John P Huss, Rapid Rick, speed bump, SPRINTCAR, tirespinner
9/20/16, 5:19 AM   #23
motorhead748

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdzsprint View Post
Hopefully they will run the wing crap last so I can leave. The only reason I'm going is to watch USAC. If they weren't running I would stay home. Wings are okay for some fans, just not for me.
certainly your right to do so but why is it some NW fans are so narrow minded? Whereas most fans that primarily watch wings can & do enjoy anything that is racing.... Heck I'd go watch 2 marbles roll down a hill to see who won. Stick around dude, grab a pizza steak and enjoy the nite

7 members like this post: AB Racing, dirt330, Hotrod, mcweld, racenut69, RynoK1999, t_inmyface
9/20/16, 9:44 AM   #24
david mitchell
Banned

I guess Brent has never gone to World 100.Seriously, everyone should applaud Brent for his work and reading of Bryan's day declaration several weeks ago.It was well said.Like so many people we see at places year after year, but never actually meet. A mutual friend may have to introduce us.

9/20/16, 1:49 PM   #25
John P Huss

B Smith- Non winged is what's it's all
about for the race this weekend. Midgets-
Sprints - Champ Dirt Cars. Not a big fan of
wings. Sure I'm not a big fan of fenders.
Back in the day Hewitt won all 4 divisions.

Best Regards,
John

2 members like this post: bsmith8, dirtball
9/20/16, 2:44 PM   #26
revjimk

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdzsprint View Post
can't help it, thats pretty funny!

4 members like this post: flagboy55, motorhead748, racenut69, rdzsprint
9/20/16, 2:57 PM   #27
RynoK1999

Winged or not winged, who cares? Anything that can be complained about on here will be and it's a freaking shame. To throw a fit about a car having more downforce than another is something childish in this world of racing.

Quit bickering about what you can watch race, or you'll barely be able to watch anything race.

6 members like this post: bighd0522, dirt330, Hotrod, motorhead748, speed bump, throb
9/20/16, 3:24 PM   #28
dsc1600

This topic has been done so many times, but who cares? It's a fun debate.

I think I can understand some narrow-mindedness for winged cars on big half miles where everyone gets stretched out and a parade ensues.

But any car is awesome at Eldora and 410 winged sprints are incredible there for the most part.

3 members like this post: chrismattlin, flagboy55, motorhead748
9/20/16, 3:57 PM   #29
i love dirt track racing

FYI. Saturday night hot laps start at 4:30. Have fun and enjoy all the great racing teams and promoters and the best racing fans in the world this weekend. Thanks.

3 members like this post: jim goerge, luckybuc97, racenut69
9/20/16, 5:03 PM   #30
ThrowbackRacingTeam

I think the frustrating part for die-hard USAC fans like John is that there is no longer a night on the Eldora schedule just for USAC. It's a bit of a slap in the face. They share with the WoO and All Stars on each of their 3 nights this year. Under Earl's ownership there would be a minimum of 3 or more nights per season just for USAC. The only other options would be latemodels or modifieds, which I wouldn't mind. Maybe USAC should get into the modified business since they run together so much anyway. I would like to see the USAC midwest sprint car season opener back at Eldora without any winged cars.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Eldora & Usac