IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Thank you Tony Stewart and Eldora staff
9/26/16, 2:26 PM   #1
Thank you Tony Stewart and Eldora staff
Jerry Spencer

Yes the show ran long and our group did have to leave early but I wanted to thank Tony and his staff for making the time we were there fun. the racing was good and nobody got hurt.
Tony has given the racing fan, drivers and crews a place to meet race and have fun on the weekend at a reasonable price for this everyone at Spencer racing thanks you. Keep in mind he had to stay around then get up and race himeself all day Sunday with not much sleep.

Be safe everyone and we hope to see you at Gas City Friday night.

Please remember to tell them you love them while you can, tomorrow is not promised to any of us.

Love you

Jerry #66j
STIDA.COM / Halfmoon Resturant & Brewery / Colescotts Mobil-1

9/26/16, 2:29 PM   #2
mc/rider

Race Count This Year: 42

Hey Tony

3 members like this post: BrentTFunk, dickster, flagboy55
9/26/16, 4:59 PM   #3
Re: Thank you Tony Stewart and Eldora staff
miwingless

Thx Tony!

5 members like this post: bmemmer, BrentTFunk, dickster, flagboy55, speed bump
9/26/16, 6:37 PM   #4
PJ Wright

[QUOTE=Jerry Spencer;459347 the racing was good and nobody got hurt.

For me, that's the bottom line. Like everybody else I have opinions on track prep, classes run, amount of sheet metal on sprint cars car counts, concessions, seating, etc...
But if the racing is good and nobody gets hurt, I've had FUN!!!
You laugh because I'm different. I laugh because you're all the same. Copied from the back of the #16 supermodified.
Last edited by PJ Wright; 9/26/16 at 6:38 PM.

7 members like this post: BrentTFunk, btg1963, cj02, dickster, flagboy55, rapid robert, speed bump
9/27/16, 10:48 AM   #5
revjimk

Thought I'd share this e-mail I got from Eldora:

Friends,

On behalf of Tony and everyone here at Eldora, I want to thank you for attending the Four Crown Nationals on Saturday.

As one of our most loyal guests here at Eldora (our records show your account included advance tickets and/or camping for the event), we want you to know that we, too, planned for Saturday's program - featuring a return to a true 'Four Crown' to go a lot smoother.

An unusual number of wrecks got us behind during hot laps and qualifying, and the larger than expected car count - requiring the use of the upper pit area and crossover gate - intensified the time crunch causing us to miss the 8 p.m. starting time.

And the aggressive track reconditioning effort, lasting 1h38m, definitely tested even the most patient and passionate fans - we know, because we are race fans, too.

Please find below a link to the online broadcast of Saturday night's event. We have edited out the downtime and have broken the event up so that you can watch your favorite division(s). In case you missed it on Saturday night, we have included the interview with Tony about his passion for the Four Crown.

I assure you that our team, together with our partners at USAC and the All Stars, are already making the necessary adjustments so that the 2017 Four Crown Nationals runs off in a more timely fashion.

Thank you again for your support of Eldora and dirt-track racing. We hope you will share this message and video with the friends and fans that purchased their tickets and camping on the day of the show.

9/27/16, 10:52 AM   #6
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

I wish they'd post that publicly. Id like to see the two races I paid to see but couldn't stay for. The letter says share the link. Whats the link?

Thanks revjimk

Quote:
Originally Posted by revjimk View Post
Thought I'd share this e-mail I got from Eldora:

Friends,

On behalf of Tony and everyone here at Eldora, I want to thank you for attending the Four Crown Nationals on Saturday.

As one of our most loyal guests here at Eldora (our records show your account included advance tickets and/or camping for the event), we want you to know that we, too, planned for Saturday's program - featuring a return to a true 'Four Crown' to go a lot smoother.

An unusual number of wrecks got us behind during hot laps and qualifying, and the larger than expected car count - requiring the use of the upper pit area and crossover gate - intensified the time crunch causing us to miss the 8 p.m. starting time.

And the aggressive track reconditioning effort, lasting 1h38m, definitely tested even the most patient and passionate fans - we know, because we are race fans, too.

Please find below a link to the online broadcast of Saturday night's event. We have edited out the downtime and have broken the event up so that you can watch your favorite division(s). In case you missed it on Saturday night, we have included the interview with Tony about his passion for the Four Crown.

I assure you that our team, together with our partners at USAC and the All Stars, are already making the necessary adjustments so that the 2017 Four Crown Nationals runs off in a more timely fashion.

Thank you again for your support of Eldora and dirt-track racing. We hope you will share this message and video with the friends and fans that purchased their tickets and camping on the day of the show.

1 member likes this post: PIT CART
9/27/16, 11:29 AM   #7
revjimk

Sorry, didn't copy the link. I'll try again

9/27/16, 11:31 AM   #8
revjimk

Here ya go:
http://www.eldoraspeedway.com/4crown-program-video/

4 members like this post: Charles Nungester, davidm, flagboy55, Obie
9/27/16, 12:13 PM   #9
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Thanks and Thanks Tony!

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Thank you Tony Stewart and Eldora staff