IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
dblnickel55 (Offline)
  #1 7/2/08 8:45 AM
With the shutdown of the Sprint Cup's #40 team and the announcement that Dario Franchitti might be finishing the year out in the Nationwide #40 car; what is in the future for Bryan Clauson?

Maybe Tim or Bryan can fill us in.

He looked to us like a shoe-in for the Nationwide Rookie-of-the Year.:applaud::applaud:
racefan20 (Offline)
  #2 7/2/08 8:56 AM
My thoughts exactly when I heard it

John Hoover

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus
Seadog (Offline)
  #3 7/2/08 9:45 AM
Originally Posted by dblnickel55:
With the shutdown of the Sprint Cup's #40 team and the announcement that Dario Franchitti might be finishing the year out in the Nationwide #40 car; what is in the future for Bryan Clauson?

Maybe Tim or Bryan can fill us in.

He looked to us like a shoe-in for the Nationwide Rookie-of-the Year.:applaud::applaud:
Bryan is listed in the #40 car for Daytona this weekend. Does Bryan have anybody he's running against for ROY? I see Logano is apparently not running a full schedule, but then again Bryan isn't either.
tjtomthumb (Offline)
  #4 7/2/08 11:05 AM
Dario,,,,,is in 2nd in rookie points,,,,,

Be nice if Ganassi would think about this,, Memorex pulled out when they replaced Bryan with Dario, now Fastenal will not be sponsoring the Sprint Cup 40 car.

Will Fastenal stay on if they put Dario in the Nationwide car? They also haven't run the #41 Nationwide car for quite some time. I think Chip and crew needs to think about this.

I have nothing against Dario,, but why lose all your sponsors like they are. Let Dario run some of the ARCA series,,etc,, until he gets used to the stock cars and then bring him back after he is used to running the heavier cars,,
Seadog (Offline)
  #5 7/2/08 11:19 AM
Originally Posted by tjtomthumb:
Dario,,,,,is in 2nd in rookie points,,,,,

Be nice if Ganassi would think about this,, Memorex pulled out when they replaced Bryan with Dario, now Fastenal will not be sponsoring the Sprint Cup 40 car.

Will Fastenal stay on if they put Dario in the Nationwide car? They also haven't run the #41 Nationwide car for quite some time. I think Chip and crew needs to think about this.

I have nothing against Dario,, but why lose all your sponsors like they are. Let Dario run some of the ARCA series,,etc,, until he gets used to the stock cars and then bring him back after he is used to running the heavier cars,,
Since he is now available, does anybody have an open seat for Dario for ISW?:O:
Sandy Lowe (Offline)
  #6 7/2/08 12:29 PM
Fastenal moved to the Ganassi camp from Bobby Hamilton's Craftsman truck team. I'm pretty sure their main involvement was supposed to be in the Nationwide series. They just picked up some extra races on the Cup side.

I think Dario was supposed to be the main driver for the Fastenal Nationwide car. Bryan just filled in when Dario wasn't available.
racefan20 (Offline)
  #7 7/2/08 12:36 PM
Not what I heard Sandy. I heard they want BC in MORE Nationwide races than he was scheduled for not less.

John Hoover

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus
tjtomthumb (Offline)
  #8 7/2/08 2:13 PM
It appeares Bryan is still in at Daytona!! :thumb

here is a clickable link from the Ganassiweb site

http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs....TS09/807020396
Sandy Lowe (Offline)
  #9 7/2/08 2:22 PM
John,

I didn't mean that Ganassi only wanted to run Bryan when Dario wasn't available. Just that the Fastenal sponsorship was intended for Dario.

My original comment was directed more towards Tom's post that said "Will Fastenal stay on if they put Dario in the Nationwide car?"
AlkyMadness (Offline)
  #10 7/2/08 3:18 PM
I thought Memorex bailed when they put Krisiloff in the 40, not Dario?

As far as Dario goes, I suspect this will be his only year in Cup. Andretti-Green just fired Bryan Herta from the ALMS ride. Look for Dario to be back there in 2009 (or earlier).

Ganassi has an excellent IRL program and Rolex Grand-Am, but they've never seemed to really "get it" when it comes to NASCAR. Even though they've consistently had great drivers. Hell, even the drivers can't figure out what's going on. Classis example, JPM having to summon Chip to a *** meeting after his Elledge was assigned elsewhere and they were working good together. At times, it almost appears that they don't want this thing to work.

BTW, off topic, but I really enjoyed JPM's moves on Kurt Busch this last weekend AND he manned up afterward and admitted he did it on purpose. "I'm no idiot". Classic.

Back on topic: I hope BC continues to get good support. If not, there will be other excellent rides available soon.