IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > NO Mav coverage tonight???
1/15/24, 9:26 PM   #21
Re: NO Mav coverage tonight???
hoscalecody

Personally I'm glad it's on Flo now. I actually watch the chili bowl now. Other years I never wasted my time watching it. It was kind of pointless to watch it, but can't watch the last couple main races. These last 2 yearsI pretty much watched most races all nights. I missed a couple mains mid day Saturday though.

1/15/24, 10:37 PM   #22
racefan20

Pretty sure the reason it ended earlier than normal was they didnt have to take the 2-2.5 hr break to wait on MAV's start time.

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus

2 members like this post: Midget98, tirespinner
1/15/24, 10:46 PM   #23
cornerthree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevensville Mike View Post
Interesting, j. I do not know the law in Illinois, but a friend of mine had a bar some 15-20 years back. As he explained to me once, in Michigan, it is illegal to air something that is not viewable via television in a public place, such as a bar. Now one could air MAV TV, for it is a television station, albeit a pay-for-view channel. But Flo is not aired over TV, so therefore that would be illegal.

Us race fans are low hanging fruit for the feds anyways. They have bigger fish to fry.
Matt Wood said they moved the time up because of weather.

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
1/16/24, 2:22 AM   #24

Race Count This Year: 14
Race Count Last Year: 24

well yes if it was on MAV they would have had to wait, and it would not have ended early. But it really ended early because of weather like Matt Ward said. By weather I believe he meant the cold. The building was uncomfortably cold for many.

There seemed to be far less track work than in the past and with smoother than usual races run through the morning and early afternoon they found that they were 90 minutes ahead of schedule around 2:00. I don't know if they were trying to get ahead or not but about 3:00 they announced they would not delay and continue on ahead of schedule.

I don't remember even C B A main hot laps in the evening other than a few laps to work in the track right before the race.

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
1/16/24, 9:33 AM   #25
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Mav also used to run their broadcast about 20 minutes delay from live action. Their producers also switch cam angles way too much.
Also they do a Feel the Thunder start that mutes the announcers. Nevermind that Pursley passed seven cars in the first two laps.

I think the last time they did the Racinboys week of PPV that didn't include Sat night. It was $100 for and that was four nights and Saturday's Consi's thru D mains.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > NO Mav coverage tonight???