IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
cmakin (Offline)
  #1 6/3/14 2:45 PM
Now, I do spent a bit more than most for accommodations, but that is largely because I need the room and because I collect the points. As in the previous few years, I am staying in Indianapolis for most of Sprint Week and making the runs out and back for each event until the last two. This year I am making a break from Indy on Friday before the last two events.

I just booked my Bloomington and Haubstadt rooms and was a bit surprised. If y'all are staying at either the Holiday Inn(s) or Hampton Inn in Bloomington, be prepared to spend a few bucks. Prices have certainly gone up this year, and the room choices are a little skinny. There are other options in the area that may be cheaper, but I generally book with either of these chains since I also get and use points for my day job travel.

As far as Haubstadt, the closest hotels in the area are down at the intersection of US41 and I64. There are three hotels and two of them, the Apar (old Holiday Inn Express) and the Baymont are fully booked for Saturday night. The Best Western has rooms, but I am not sure how many. I just got one. This is the first time that I have had a problem getting a room in Haubstadt this far out from an event. Let's see just how big these Sprint Week crowds will be this year. . . .

Be sure to visit www.manvelmotorsports.com. 2024 Robert Ballou Calendars are available.
Mud Packer (Offline)
  #2 6/3/14 2:53 PM
Carey,

As I mentioned in another post, staying in Bloomington in the summer is a crap shoot. IU hosts a number of events and draws from outside the area and they use up much of the hotel rooms. This also causes the price to rise and I try not to stay there if at all possible.

Haubstadt on the other hand isn't exactly the travel paradise of Indiana. Something big must be going on in the Evansville area that weekend to book the hotels up this far out. Also with Tri State being the finale for sprint week, both the car count as well as the crowd seems to dwindle some compared to other events. It will be interesting to hear from the Southwest IOW experts as to why it is that way? Ron, Tom, Jim..............?

Mike

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante
billw (Offline)
  #3 6/3/14 3:11 PM
Comfort inn was 80-90 in Bloomington...for midget week the same room was 150
MacTexas (Offline)
  #4 6/3/14 3:30 PM
I experienced the same problem with booking rooms. I too booked a Best Western room today. I wanted to book a room in Cloverdale the night of Putnamville but they were full. I ended up in Martinsville. I have never had problems this far out.

At least I have a room and I can't wait until Sprint week.
LittleRube (Offline)
  #5 6/3/14 7:57 PM
Do what we did last week and head 20 miles south to Bedford..holiday inn express there was 119 compared to the 165 Bloomington wanted. I to try and stay loyal and spend more

up - up - down - down - left - right - left - right - b - a - select - start