IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
rachasin (Offline)
  #71 8/21/14 8:50 PM
Just cleared grandstand
Not good
Charles Nungester (Online)
  #72 8/21/14 8:57 PM
Rained out, However continuing tonights program SATURDAY, Hotlaps 2pm. Then final two heats and rest of program.

Fridays show as scheduled

Charles Nungester
Steve (Offline)
  #73 8/21/14 10:42 PM
Pit will be pretty bad tomorrow. JMO
SteelCore (Offline)
  #74 8/21/14 10:44 PM
From Kokomo Speedway's website

We will continue tonight’s (8/21) show on Saturday (8/23) afternoon. Please hold on to your wristbands, they are good for continued Saturday show ONLY.

Pit Gates open at 11 am
Front Gates at 12pm
Hot Laps at 2pm

After hotlaps we will continue with heat race #3 for the Sprint Cars. Thunder Cars will also be part of this program.

We will clear the grandstands & pits after the completion of the program. We will rework the track and open the gates approximately 90 minutes after the postponed event is completed. At this point you will need to purchase a Saturday night ticket if you don’t have 3 day pass.

Friday’s program will remain unchanged.
newracefan123 (Offline)
  #75 8/21/14 10:58 PM
When the owner was asked about the options if you can't make it to Saturday's continuation we were asked why we even bothered buying a ticket tonite ...way to make the fans feel welcome
2 Likes: addictedtodirt, ronmil
FEATHERDUSTER (Offline)
  #76 8/21/14 11:14 PM
The folks at Kokomo bend over backwards to make their track the best facility for everybody attending.
They know that we need rain but they don't want that rain to ruin your evening of racing any more than you or I do.
They will do their best to put on a great show each and every time.
I drove a 100 miles each way and I will drive another 200 Friday, Saturday and Sunday if needed.

IT HAPPENS.................GET OVER IT.
5 Likes: BrentTFunk, hoosierfan, speed bump, The Old Coyote, Will Shunk
ronmil (Offline)
  #77 8/21/14 11:18 PM
Originally Posted by FEATHERDUSTER:
The folks at Kokomo bend over backwards to make their track the best facility for everybody attending.
They know that we need rain but they don't want that rain to ruin your evening of racing any more than you or I do.
They will do their best to put on a great show each and every time.
I drove a 100 miles each way and I will drive another 200 Friday, Saturday and Sunday if needed.

IT HAPPENS.................GET OVER IT.
What you say may be true, but the reply of the owner is no way to talk to a paying customer.

Ron Miller
Nate (Offline)
  #78 8/21/14 11:19 PM
So I'm not gonna bust anyone's balls over tonight, rain is rain there is no way around it. It was gonna rain sooner or later and there was no way they were gonna get that entire show in.

However, I do question as to why it took until 7:30ish to even get hot laps rolling when they were clearly scheduled for 6pm. USAC claims that it was Kokomo's call and they couldn't get their equipment on the track but it seemed to me the tractors had no problem getting around that track. I'm not bitter about it because like I said rain was coming either way you put it but I feel as if they could have at least been through all the heats and what not tonight. Kokomo runs a rock solid program when they are running it themselves so wasn't sure what the deal was...

Oh well, more racing for us on Saturday, hope everyone made it home safe who drove and those who are camping...dont drink too much
2 Likes: cjm3535, cwfan08
newracefan123 (Offline)
  #79 8/21/14 11:24 PM
Thank you ... And I'm sure if he had said it some other way I wouldn't have cared
revjimk (Offline)
  #80 8/22/14 12:39 AM
Well I'm glad we got some racing in but it was kind of a teaser, wasn't it? Track management did their best, I'm sure
But I think they should blow off the Thundercars.... dry time might be scarce.....