IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Closed Thread  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Usac: “sumar classic” thursday at terre haute action track
6/29/15, 6:50 PM   #1
Usac: “sumar classic” thursday at terre haute action track
admin

6/29/15 6:01 PM “SUMAR CLASSIC” THURSDAY AT TERRE HAUTE ACTION TRACK

http://usacracing.com/news/silver-cr...e-action-track

“SUMAR CLASSIC” THURSDAY AT TERRE HAUTE ACTION TRACK

Thursday’s “Sumar Classic” USAC Silver Crown Championship race at the Terre Haute (Ind.) Action Track marks the 20th anniversary of the inaugural won in 1995 by Donnie Beechler. Thursday’s race will feature a battle for series supremacy with six drivers in sight of the point lead entering the race.*

Defending race winner Kody Swanson of Kingsburg, Calif. has a 14-point lead over Aaron Pierce going into Thursday’s race. Last year’s win was one of seven he has posted in the last 14 series outings. He led all but two laps of last year’s “Sumar Classic.”

Prior to Thursday’s race, a 4pm ceremony behind the main grandstand will feature the unveiling of a commemorative plaque erected by the Indiana Racing Memorial Association honoring long-time race organizer Don Smith and the history of the Terre Haute Action Track.

Former race winner Dave Darland (2008) is also expected to compete as he continues his quest for a 100th USAC National feature victory.

Thursday’s race will be recorded and aired on Mav-TV’s “Dirty 30” program at a date and time yet to be determined.

2015 USAC Silver Crown Series Standings: 1-Kody Swanson-218, 2-Aaron Pierce-204, 3-A.J. Fike-198, 4-David Byrne-162, 5-Jerry Coons Jr.-160, 6-Jacob Wilson-159, 7-Bobby Santos-138, 8-Austin Nemire-134, 9-Rex Norris III-127, 10-Patrick Lawson-110.

2 members like this post: 5krunner, jim goerge
6/30/15, 2:01 AM   #2
bmemmer

I know practice starts at 6:30 but does anybody know what time the race is actually suppose to start? Trying to figure out if I have enough time to make it back to go to work. Thanks

6/30/15, 1:19 PM   #3
Re: Usac: “sumar classic” thursday at terre haute action tra
2140rc

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmemmer View Post
I know practice starts at 6:30 but does anybody know what time the race is actually suppose to start? Trying to figure out if I have enough time to make it back to go to work. Thanks
Here's all it says on the Action Track website.

Pit gates open at Terre Haute on July 2 at 3:00, grandstands at 5:00, and hotlaps will start at 6:30. Racing will begin following hotlaps. In addition to the USAC Silver Crown cars, the UMP Modifieds will be on hand.

1 member likes this post: bmemmer
6/30/15, 1:32 PM   #4
Rpracing1

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmemmer View Post
I would dare to guestimate, but my best guess would be around 8:30 ish or so..................take in mind it is a hundred lapper..........These tend to take a while.........

6/30/15, 2:49 PM   #5
Flatrightrear

Without too many yellows 100 laps on a half-mile won't take that long.

6/30/15, 2:57 PM   #6
redracer75

We have been out of there by 10 before.

6/30/15, 3:57 PM   #7
jim goerge

Coolers allowed?

6/30/15, 4:41 PM   #8
Rpracing1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flatrightrear View Post
Without too many yellows 100 laps on a half-mile won't take that long.
Don't count your chickens.

6/30/15, 4:55 PM   #9
Al Pierce

Race Count This Year: 49
Race Count Last Year: 43

Yup. No glass....but they are seldom interested enough to look.

1 member likes this post: jim goerge
7/1/15, 11:24 AM   #10
richie

Before the "Sumar Classic" begins, come a little bit early for a special presentation honoring Don Smith and the Terre Haute Action Track.

PROMOTER DON SMITH & THE TERRE HAUTE ACTION TRACK TO BE HONORED THURSDAY

The Indiana Racing Memorial Association (IRMA) will unveil a commemorative plaque honoring both long-time race organizer and Terre Haute businessman Don Smith as well as the legendary Terre Haute (Ind.) Action Track this Thursday, July 2 at 4pm eastern behind the main grandstand at the Wabash Valley Fairgrounds in Terre Haute.

Auto racing and local business dignitaries will be on hand to honor Smith and the track and the general public is invited to attend.

Thursday night’s 100-lap “Sumar Classic” USAC Silver Crown race will follow the unveiling on the historic half-mile dirt track. Pit gates open at the track at 3pm, spectator gates at 5pm, with hot laps to start at 6:30pm. Racing will begin following hot laps.

Closed Thread Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Usac: “sumar classic” thursday at terre haute action track