IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Michigan Earthquake!
7/1/15, 12:40 PM   #11
Re: Michigan Earthquake!
Wizard 05

Race Count This Year: 28

But that would require a smart promoter,, not many of them in the Michigan area.

1 member likes this post: koolaid89
7/1/15, 9:39 PM   #12
i love dirt track racing

What ever happened to chad blonde. The years that we went to butler he was a great show to watch and was nice to meet and talk to him in the pits at Eldora.

7/1/15, 10:19 PM   #13
MIracing

He drove the 5 car for his sister. From what I heard they went their separate ways due to some differences. His nephew drives the 5 car now. Chad still runs occasionally in the 1 car of Sean Robinson. To my knowledge they have not raced this year though.

3 members like this post: fish, i love dirt track racing, Justigit
7/1/15, 11:19 PM   #14
Justigit

I used to watch Chad race in the 5 car with the ole "Gloss Series"years back. I saw him start a heat race around 6th starting spot at Gas City once and by the time he got to the 2nd turn he was leading!!! That start was called back for a caution for someone else.... But I have never seen anything like that before in my life. He sure knew how to wheel a race car....I sure miss seeing him race sprint cars.

1 member likes this post: i love dirt track racing
7/2/15, 4:25 AM   #15
IndyBound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Daloisio View Post
I was born and raised in Detroit. Best thing that could happen to it would be to slip into the Detroit River.
Scott, I spent about five hours yesterday in the Detroit Airport, even the waitress at the G & B Brewery where we had lunch said it was a good place to be from. We didn't hear anything about the earthquake while there, CNN must not have been focusing on Michigan. Years ago while traveling through Detroit to race with ISMA I learned it wasn't the place to stop and fill up a motorhome with gas. Had never pulled into a service station with thick iron bars on the windows and door before that stop. Found it interesting you had to pass your money into the worker for whatever you wanted from the convenience store, they gathered it up and passed it out to you. Made you feel real safe! Not!!! Needless to say we tried to never stop in the Detroit area again when we needed gas.

7/2/15, 6:20 AM   #16
Stevensville Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by i love dirt track racing View Post
What ever happened to chad blonde. The years that we went to butler he was a great show to watch and was nice to meet and talk to him in the pits at Eldora.
He ran a couple of times at Butler last year driving the Robinson 1. I want to say it was for the All Star race(s). One night was the scuffle in the pits with Brian Lay.

So far this year, I do not think he has run. Quentin pretty much runs weekly at Butler, though.

1 member likes this post: i love dirt track racing
7/5/15, 12:03 PM   #17
Stevensville Mike

Made it to Butler post earthquake last night.

Amish buggies in the ditch.... parking lot all rutted and muddy..... bathrooms looked like someone threw a grenade in them..... grandstand seats with splinters creaking under your weight..... rocks coming out of the track.... people dangling from the tree house....

....so all in all, no damage from the quake.

Congrats to Caleb Armstrong in winning amongst the 24 cars. I think 22 started the A Main.

According to the Blonde 5Q team, Chad has not run this year. He might get out later but another source has Sean Robinson living in Texas now. That was the car Chad drove last year.

Tree house is still there, too. They even have a Miller Lite sponsorship banner hanging on it.

5 members like this post: BrentTFunk, Can26, i love dirt track racing, Justigit, sc17x
7/5/15, 1:28 PM   #18
chop

Mike you should write for the pure Michigan ads

2 members like this post: Justigit, team3521
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Michigan Earthquake!