IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Lightning Sprints at Southern
11/25/14, 3:29 PM   #21
Re: Lightning Sprints at Southern Gear Ratio
darnall

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjones752 View Post
Yeah, trouble with that is if I cheese off the Missuz I lose my pit crew...
I hear that man... what I don't understand is this...If a man tells his missuz he's going to do something then she can take it to the bank that he will....there is absolutely no need to remind him to do it every 6-8 months...haha

2 members like this post: jjones752, red70racer
11/26/14, 7:00 PM   #22
Avon Open Wheel fan

Just a heads up. I know the rules posted on the web site for the race has some errors. For the most part we are using the same National Rules as normal. If anyone has any questions please feel free to send me a message and I will get right back with you.
Last edited by Avon Open Wheel fan; 11/26/14 at 7:38 PM.

1 member likes this post: DAD
11/26/14, 7:50 PM   #23
Re: Lightning Sprints at Southern
DAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avon Open Wheel fan View Post
Just a heads up. I know the rules posted on the web site for the race has some errors. For the most part we are using the same National Rules as normal. If anyone has any questions please feel free to send me a message and I will get right back with you.
Jay

Those are my kind of rules. Something like the old "Cliffs Notes" we used in school years ago. Steve does away with the fluff, condenses it down to a short readable and easily enforced set of rules keeping safety in mind and not being tied down with rules to prohibit racers from racing. He accommodates the older mini sprints and is more or less saying come on down and lets race. I would have gone one step further and included Kenyon Midgets and perhaps even Echo-tecs and Focus Midgets. That would have been the "IMRA" rules I think. They tend to focus on the Sportsman Midget Idea, also very similar to the Montpelier Speedway rules which in these economic times is a great idea.

Honest Dad himself
Last edited by DAD; 11/26/14 at 7:55 PM.

2 members like this post: Avon Open Wheel fan, Wayne Davis
11/28/14, 9:34 PM   #24
Jim Gardner

Any updates from tonight's race?

11/28/14, 9:50 PM   #25
oldfan49

I heard a rumor some old guy from Missouri won it

Posted on Facebook Bobby Layne from Kansas City won it
Last edited by oldfan49; 11/28/14 at 9:52 PM.

11/28/14, 10:05 PM   #26
Bradleyracing86

Zx12?

11/29/14, 9:11 AM   #27
DAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldfan49 View Post
I heard a rumor some old guy from Missouri won it

Posted on Facebook Bobby Layne from Kansas City won it
Old

We pitted next to that kid. I think his name was Bobby Layne. He sure had a real good looking wife, and drove a car powered by an old Yamaha R1 .I think he said it was an 2004. He was telling me that he was accused of running a hot rod motor out west.

From my astute observations the only thing "Hot Rod" in that out fit would be the driver and defiantly his wife. He flat drove that race car. For you cheater people out there this guy is a throttle master. Definitely traction control imbedded in that right foot. He started on the pole and finish there with a herd on his tale. That Gentry guy I think was second. We started outside pole and quickly got shuffled back to fourth place. The track was supper flat this year and when Doug tried to find something outside he fell back to fifth place. I think Corey Meadows was forth (better keep an eye on that kid) and Lyn Ambrose was laying back behind Doug waiting for him to go to the outside one more time.

I wonder if they are going to leave the track this way for PowerI. Looks like we are going to have another Wonder Valley. Every time we have raced there it has been a different race track. But like Bobby told me back in the pits everybody has to run on that same race track so it fair for everybody.

It was a real pleasure meeting Bobby Layne. When he beats you guys out west the only thing that is happening is you are getting out driven. Work more on seat time and setup and less on conspiracy theory's and you might be able to beat him. I think he said he was 16 or was that 61 I can't remember. He and Ron Ambrose could probably give a lot of you kids fresh out of Go Karting a lesson or two about how to drive a race car fast and consistent.. Watch him take notes and learn something.

I think with 15 cars we put on a good enough show that we will be invited back, and their is talk about asking the Echo Tecs, Kenyon's, and Focus Midgets to join us 1000cc Midgets for a race of Sportsman Midget Racing.

Honest Dad himself
Last edited by DAD; 11/29/14 at 10:38 AM.

3 members like this post: bn kleen, MRC13, Wayne Davis
11/29/14, 9:31 AM   #28
smoke81

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAD View Post
Old

We pitted next to that kid. I think his name was Bobby Layne. He sure had a real good looking wife, and drove a car powered by an old Yamaha R1.I think he said it was an 2004. He was telling me that he was accused of running a hot rod motor out there.

From my astute observation the only thing hot rod in that out fit would be the driver and defiantly his wife. He flat drove that race car. For you cheater people out there this guy is a throttle master. Definitely traction control imbedded in that right foot. He started on the pole and finish there with a herd on his tale. That Gentry guy I think was second. We started outside pole and quickly got shuffled back to fourth place. The track was supper flat this year and when Doug tried to find something outside he fell back to fifth place.

Kid... I bet its been awhile since he's been called that! We call that a educated right foot.

1 member likes this post: oldfan49
11/29/14, 10:21 AM   #29
DAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoke81 View Post
Kid... I bet its been awhile since he's been called that! We call that a educated right foot.
Smoke

Age is a relative thing, and to me he looked like a kid, but he sure drives like a journeyman racer, that is what a few of his detractors need to strive to become. If I am cheating and you are beating me"YOU GOTTA BE CHEATING TOO" not so young-guns.

Bobby also gave me a new prospective about Lightning Sprint racing as they call it out their. Sounds like they are going to have a summer to look forward to.

Honest Dad himself
Last edited by DAD; 11/29/14 at 10:56 AM.

11/29/14, 10:58 AM   #30
illiNOISE

It's a shame that the track was so hard and slick, but I guess that's how the kart contingent likes it. It's also a shame that they didn't start more than 14 cars in the micro feature, or run more than 15 laps for the features. But there's not an overabundance of race viewing options in the Midwest in late November, so I'll take it.

2 members like this post: Avon Open Wheel fan, DAD
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Lightning Sprints at Southern