IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > All suggestions welcomed
11/26/14, 6:44 PM   #11
Re: All suggestions welcomed
darnall

If a winged racesaver 305 is what you are getting into I would totally recommend going to Smiley Sittons. Smiley has had a sprintcar driving school for well over a decade (on a quarter mile track), he is the man behind the wildly successful Sprint Series of Texas (one of the oldest racesaver 305 series in the country)...and he does have racesaver specific classes at his school which focus not only on 305 specific driving but set up, tuning, maintenance and all kinds of stuff. A 305 is a different animal than a higher HP sprintcar regarding set up and driving style and getting instruction specific to a 305 will be more valuable to a rookie for sure.

Don't get me wrong...the Kruseman school is excellent. I have no doubt Briscoes deal is excellent. But Smileys is 100% tailor made to what you are moving into. You wouldn't go to autobody school if you wanted to be an engine builder so don't go to a nonwing 410 school if you want to learn how to race a winged 305. Smileys is in the Dallas/Fort Worth area, so it's not too deep into Texas...but far enough south that it can still operate when the weather in Indy is being mean.

11/26/14, 6:55 PM   #12
maagee1979

I'm unfamiliar with what Briscoe is doing. Can you explain?

1 member likes this post: Charles Nungester
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > All suggestions welcomed