IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
racer-x (Offline)
  #11 5/26/19 4:05 PM
If this was a horse race the winner would have been disqualified for getting out of his lane!
2 Likes: jdull99, oppweld
badcoupe (Offline)
  #12 5/26/19 4:06 PM
Rossi played his hand a lap too soon. Helluva race though!
4 Likes: chrismattlin, MBoersma, oppweld, superstock30
jdull99 (Offline)
  #13 5/26/19 4:07 PM
Excellent rules package, race, & deserving winner. Career saver month for Pagenaud. Rossi WILL win another one (thankfully the American seems happy to be here and maybe gave up on his F-1 aspirations).

Lot of good stories thru the field. Another good 500 for Sato...Kanaan 9th in Foyt car...Conor Daly 10th...Pippa Mann CMR car 16th

Do gota say Special Ed's solid day & nice 6th place finish didn't seem to get much attention on either NBC or Indycar radio (the parts I sampled of both). For a part-time driver and not one of the biggest teams, think they coulda talked him up more

Jason Dull
815 494 6002
jdull99@hotmail.com
Steel$ & Deal$ Swap Meet & Car Shows (next location; TBD...)
5 Likes: chrismattlin, flagboy55, oppweld, PJ Wright, Wingman
Gregg (Offline)
  #14 5/26/19 4:38 PM
Simon drove a way smarter race.

In between the many commercials was some good racing.

Two drivers that raced midgets finished in the top 10.
6 Likes: Bostonian, jdull99, luckybuc97, oppweld, Pat O'Connor Fan, racenut69
IndianaSprintFan (Offline)
  #15 5/26/19 5:26 PM
I will be honest I didn’t want a non American esp in a penski car to win but well deserved and a very good run by Simon. Will Ed ever have his day? I think his day will come
jdull99 (Offline)
  #16 5/26/19 5:33 PM
Originally Posted by IndianaSprintFan:
I will be honest I didn’t want a non American esp in a penski car to win but well deserved and a very good run by Simon. Will Ed ever have his day? I think his day will come
If Penske is done with Helio, Ed has shown he deserves a shot in one of the Captain's cars there. He can take the offer Tony never did...lol

Jason Dull
815 494 6002
jdull99@hotmail.com
Steel$ & Deal$ Swap Meet & Car Shows (next location; TBD...)
flagboy55 (Offline)
  #17 5/26/19 7:08 PM
The only problem I had with Danica this month was her wardrobe last week. She did fine. Anyone who thinks differently apparently has a deeper problem with her. Remember she has won an Indy Car race and done very well at the speedway. Let it go
8 Likes: BrentTFunk, Crankin, jdull99, Ken Bonnema, oldfan49, Pat O'Connor Fan, Sandy Lowe, sprint72
oppweld (Offline)
  #18 5/26/19 8:05 PM
Originally Posted by flagboy55:
The only problem I had with Danica this month was her wardrobe last week. She did fine. Anyone who thinks differently apparently has a deeper problem with her. Remember she has won an Indy Car race and done very well at the speedway. Let it go
Very unbaised comment since the subject is dating a Packer and you're a Viking fan!
5 Likes: BrentTFunk, dirt330, flagboy55, luckybuc97, ronmil
Speedwrench (Offline)
  #19 5/26/19 8:13 PM
maybe I missed it, I'm getting old and don't pickup on things like I used to, but after watching the race and continued coverage on NBC Sports, I was disappointed that there was no finish run down.

Overall I think NBC did a good job and it was one of the better races in years.
miledirt (Offline)
  #20 5/26/19 10:24 PM
Good race
Wasn't crazy about NBC's coverage... lot of commercials and did they have pit reporters? If they did, they didn't go to them much.