IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > USAC hijacking the forum.
1/21/19, 1:52 PM   #11
Re: USAC hijacking the forum.
Grocery Guy

Race Count This Year: 6

Love all the USAC information on the front page, especially during the off season when we are searching for articles to read. Going back in time has been fun to read. And really appreciate all the USAC results and stories we get during the racing months. We know right where to go to get quick results and updated point standings.

Thank you Richie for all your hard efforts. We all owe you a big thanks for staying up many late nights to keep us entertained.

1/21/19, 2:56 PM   #12
mlamb

Quote:
Originally Posted by 55fan View Post
Seems that USAC has the entire front page of the forum. Maybe it is about time they have their own thread. JMHO.
I respect your opinion 55fan, everybody has the right to an opinion certainly.
I happen to love the old reviews of USAC seasons. As I’d been fortunate enough to see the majority of that in person.
Remembering guys whom paved the road for the kids in open wheel racing today is a good thing I believe. It’s rich history is the cornerstone our sport was built on.

1/21/19, 4:10 PM   #13
Chief Wahoo

Race Count This Year: 3
Race Count Last Year: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by richie View Post
When something is posted on the USAC website, it gets automatically posted here on IOW. It's how the algorithms are set up, or what have you. Not controlled on my end. It's the offseason (for the most part) and staying up til 4am to post this stuff on our website for historical sake is what I've been doing. Glad to see you all are enjoying the content!
I always wondered how USAC announcements got posted on here so quick. Now I know. Darn if you don't learn something everyday.

3 members like this post: interpreter66, jim goerge, scottyCbus
1/21/19, 4:45 PM   #14
i love dirt track racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Wahoo View Post
I always wondered how USAC announcements got posted on here so quick. Now I know. Darn if you don't learn something everyday.
God bless America and thanks for all the great racing events that have been posted. This is why bill built this house and thanks to mrs.g and the family for letting us to continue his dream of giving racing families the best of the best. Have fun and enjoy all the great things that we all love. Thanks.

1/21/19, 7:17 PM   #15
staggerman

I thought this site was usacfans.com .....oh wait, it was then USAC made them change the name to IOW, little trip down memory lane. LOL

3 members like this post: cshuman, jim goerge, oppweld
1/21/19, 9:23 PM   #16
Tim Bookmiller

I do not think USAC controls this site --YOU do if you do not want to read it do not click on it . I for one being a old timer enjoy USAC from the past to help me remember and enjoy years from the past . you and your mouse are in control

1/21/19, 9:55 PM   #17
RRoberts

I'm with Tim on this one.......even though I'm not an Old Timer..........Hey Richie how's about a look back at the sprints in 1992'!

1/21/19, 10:38 PM   #18
flagboy55

Richie, you’re the best! Thanks for taking the time to take some of us back to some of the best times in United States Auto Club history. I was front and center for a lot of that. Great to do a little recap and see names that spark memories of races gone by. Even got to see my name a couple times. My only regret is I haven’t had time to read them all

1/21/19, 11:02 PM   #19
Mrs G
Administrator

Folks, the forum is working exactly as designed, and is set to pick up newsworthy feeds from various predetermined sites. It just so happens that Richie Murray, with USAC, has been very busy resulting in multiple threads over the last week. If this is bothersome to you, you can always utilize the ignore feature that has been built into the site.

1/22/19, 2:42 AM   #20
Scott Daloisio

Great work Richie! Thank you so much.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > USAC hijacking the forum.