IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Rumble Series Drops USAC Sanction
9/3/08, 5:14 PM   #1
Rumble Series Drops USAC Sanction
Tony Barhorst

Dayton, Ohio -- Rumble Series of Indoor Racing President Tony Barhorst announced today that he has dropped the sanction of the United States Auto Club for all promotions, including indoor series races at Columbus, Ohio; Toledo, Ohio, and Fort Wayne, Ind.

The indoor races will go on without a sanction or may be sanctioned by another series, Barhorst said. The Rumble Series has had races under both scenarios since its inception in 1998. Jack Calabrase/NAMARS and the United Midget Auto Racing Association both have sanctioned the Rumble Series races. In fact, UMARA sanctioned Barhorst's promotions at the RCA Dome in Indianapolis. The 2003-2004 events both had crowds of more than 20,000 fans. There will be virtually no change in our midget events as Larry Boos will continue as the race director, and Barhorst will promote them. "Larry and I have both worked without USAC in the past on these events, and I expect the entries will be the same," said Barhorst.

Barhorst's decision comes after USAC withdrew its sanction of his Indiana Midget Week race on Aug. 7 at Union County Speedway. The race was held but with only 14 cars competing. 14 more sprint cars ran an unsanctioned part of the event also.

“I helped expand the USAC Midget Week event two years ago from three nights to four when I invested in a Thursday night lease of Kamp Motor Speedway in 2007. I was unable to come to an agreement with the owners of Kamp in 2008, and moved my event to Union County Speedway in 2008, expanding Midget Week again. USAC repaid that investment by pulling out of the Liberty event at the last minute without explanation to their gathered fans who had come from as far away as California, Finland, and Austrailia. Drivers who competed later that night in the unsanctioned event stated that the track was not any more unsafe than many other tracks they run events on.”

"I will continue to promote in progressive new ways, with much of the former sanctioning fees USAC charged going to a new car owners point fund for the five race indoor series," he said. "I hope to expand midget racing into new areas, increasing purses and awareness of midget racing. I will use agressive promotions to do that, and look forward to the challenge."

The Rumble Series of Indoor Racing dates are: The Buckeye Bowl Indoor Midget Nationals at the State Fairgrounds Expo Center in Columbus, Ohio, on Nov. 1; The Rumble In the Toledo SeaGate Centre on Dec. 19-20; and the Rumble in Fort Wayne on Dec. 26-27.

For event information, e-mail Tony Barhorst at tbracefest@aol.com, call (317) 418-3216 or visit www.rumbleseries.com. Entry forms will be announced and sent out soon.
Last edited by Tony Barhorst; 9/3/08 at 6:41 PM.

9/3/08, 5:24 PM   #2
Re: Rumble Series Drops USAC Sanction
DonMoore10

The point fund sounds like a great idea. We are looking foward to participating at Columbus, OH, Toledo and Fort Wayne. Sprint car standout Geoff Kaiser of Fort Wayne, IN will be behind the wheel of the Don Moore Music Publications Beast/Gaerte Ford number 10.

9/3/08, 5:27 PM   #3
Pat O'Connor Fan

Ouch !
But can you blame him ?

9/3/08, 5:35 PM   #4
Mud Packer

Race Count Last Year: 59

Like we couldn't see that coming.:action-smiley-049:

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante

9/3/08, 5:39 PM   #5
STP

Race Count Last Year: 1

Posted via Mobile Device
I went to the Ft. Wayne Rumble last year and it was an awesome show. I plan on making it to at least one, if not all of them this winter.

9/3/08, 6:02 PM   #6
dirtywhiteboy

Thank God.

:thumb:thumb:thumb

9/3/08, 6:19 PM   #7
Kirk Spridgeon

I will gladly skip these races, if for no other reason than the complete lack of respect Mr. Barhorst showed to the competitors at Union County. Listening to him bash the drivers and teams infuriated me about as much as anything I can remember...

My question: Will Tony Stewart, whose team was ridiculed when it left UCS, be in attendance at Fort Wayne?

9/3/08, 6:21 PM   #8
Duane Hancock

How many USAC teams showed up anyways? Not many. Darland and Hines and thats it. It will be just as good, if not better, show without USAC. Using the fee $$$ into a points fund is an excellent idea. Hopefully, you got refunded your fee $$$ at Union County.

9/3/08, 6:22 PM   #9
Jerry Shaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Barhorst View Post

Dayton, Ohio -- Rumble Series of Indoor Racing President Tony Barhorst announced today that he has dropped the sanction of the United States Auto Club for all promotions, including indoor series races at Columbus, Ohio; Toledo, Ohio, and Fort Wayne, Ind.

The indoor races will go on without a sanction or may be sanctioned by another series, Barhorst said. The Rumble Series has had races under both scenarios since its inception in 1998. Jack Calabrase/NAMARS and the United Midget Auto Racing Association both have sanctioned the Rumble Series races. In fact, UMARA sanctioned Barhorst's promotions at the RCA Dome in Indianapolis. The 2003-2004 events both had crowds of more than 20,000 fans. There will be virtually no change in our midget events as Larry Boos will continue as the race director, and Barhorst will promote them. "Larry and I have both worked without USAC in the past on these events, and I expect the entries will be the same," said Barhorst.

Barhorst's decision comes after USAC withdrew its sanction of his Indiana Midget Week race on Aug. 7 at Union County Speedway. The race was held but with only 14 cars competing. 14 more sprint cars ran an unsanctioned part of the event also.

“I helped expand the USAC Midget Week event two years ago from three nights to four in 2007 when I invested in a Thursday night lease of Kamp Motor Speedway in 2007. I was unable to come to an agreement with the owners of Kamp in 2008, and moved my event to Union County Speedway in 2008, expanding Midget Week again. USAC repaid that investment by pulling out of the Liberty event at the last minute without explanation to their gathered fans who had come from as far away as California, Finland, and Austrailia. Drivers who competed later that night in the unsanctioned event stated that the track was not any more unsafe than many other tracks they run events on.”

"I will continue to promote in progressive new ways, with much of the former sanctioning fees USAC charged going to a new car owners point fund for the five race indoor series," he said. "I hope to expand midget racing into new areas, increasing purses and awareness of midget racing. I will use agressive promotions to do that, and look forward to the challenge."

The Rumble Series of Indoor Racing dates are: The Buckeye Bowl Indoor Midget Nationals at the State Fairgrounds Expo Center in Columbus, Ohio, on Nov. 1; The Rumble In the Toledo SeaGate Centre on Dec. 19-20; and the Rumble in Fort Wayne on Dec. 26-27.

For event information, e-mail Tony Barhorst at tbracefest@aol.com, call (317) 418-3216 or visit www.rumbleseries.com. Entry forms will be announced and sent out soon.
In a related story, today all living former New York Yankees managers released a joint statement saying that, contrary to popular belief, each of them had actually resigned, when they parted ways with the franchise.:rolling:rolling:rolling

Jerry

Winston Churchill

9/3/08, 6:35 PM   #10
Tony Barhorst

Jerry,

I may have the unsigned contract USAC sent me on display at Ft. Wayne. It was dated August 26, 2008. I can send you a copy.The big reason I left USAC is the constant fees....Sanction, officials...on and on...I decided to take that money and put it in a car owners point fund. I dropped USAC and really am looking to better Midget Racing.

I WAS as big a USAC fan as anyone. I saw a club at Union County that listened to only a few of the 48 teams in regard to running. Thirty three teams were not invited to the vote.

Tony Barhorst
rumbleseries.com

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Rumble Series Drops USAC Sanction