IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > O/T Car towed from Kokomo to Indy.
12/5/15, 8:23 AM   #1
O/T Car towed from Kokomo to Indy.
Andrew S. Quinn

Later today I will be buying a car in Kokomo which needs to be towed to Indy's West side,right off I-465.

Anyone have any suggestions for a towing company?

12/5/15, 9:00 AM   #2
Re: O/T Car towed from Kokomo to Indy.
BrentTFunk

Martins in kokomo are very reliable.

1 member likes this post: Andrew S. Quinn
12/5/15, 9:05 AM   #3
BrentTFunk

If it is driveable I could drive it down on Sunday to you. I have to work on Saturday. It would save you some money.

1 member likes this post: Andrew S. Quinn
12/5/15, 9:20 AM   #4
Andrew S. Quinn

Its lacking exhaust,and hasnt been driven for awhile,or I would take you up on that.

12/5/15, 9:46 AM   #5
Josh Spencer

Ryan's towing sponsors us on the race car. Ryan's number is 765-271-7852
Thanks Josh Spencer

12/5/15, 1:07 PM   #6
AERO410SCJA

Race Count This Year: 24

It's Indiana who needs exhaust

12/5/15, 7:57 PM   #7
Andrew S. Quinn

Thanks for the help today. Heres what I did. I called Brent T. Funk,and asked him if Martins sponsored racing. He didnt think so,but they are a local company in good standing for a long time,thats why he recommended them. I told him that Josh recommended Ryans,as they sponsored his race team,and really,I would like to support someone that supports racing. So I called Ryans up,and explained my situation to them. I told Ryan I was calling him,because they sponsored Josh's team. He gave me a fair price to tow it to Indy,and I told him I'd call back when everything was settled,which I did,and they came and picked the car up for me.

Heres my new aquisition, leaving Kokomo.....

And arriving to its new home in Speedway........

Its sort of like the car the Little old lady from Pasadena drove,quite literally. A old lady owned it. It spent much of its life in the garage,and it has 27,000 miles on it.....

Thanks again for your help!

PS this is another reason why message boards are great. I wouldnt have had any idea who to call etc for a tow. I got a recommendation,one that sponsors racing,I got a fair price,they delivered it and I am happy with how the day went. And of course,I made mention to Ryan,and his driver why I called them.... Please do the same if you can support a company that sponsors racing........
Last edited by Andrew S. Quinn; 12/5/15 at 8:13 PM.

12/5/15, 8:10 PM   #8
Andrew S. Quinn

Here's my first 1974 Chevy Nova,way back in 1982. I paid a whopping $100 for the car,and it needed fenders and doors,and that cost $250 more,so I had a grand total of $350 in it. I had great plans getting it all fixed up and painted just one color instead of many different colors,but that never happened. My first Nova was a 1972,and I've always wanted another one,but as much as I liked my 72 Nova,this car was the most fun car I've ever had. Doubtful I'll have as much fun in the new car,as I had in this one,but the new one certainly looks a lot nicer!

12/5/15, 9:52 PM   #9
Josh Spencer

Thank you for using our sponsor, that means a lot! Without loyal fans like you, none of this could be possible for Spencer a racing. Have a great day and a Merry Christmas! See you at the races soon!

Josh Spencer
Last edited by Josh Spencer; 12/5/15 at 9:56 PM.

12/6/15, 2:14 AM   #10
wrtracing

Very cool car Andrew. Congratulations! I don't think anyone on this board would doubt that you would do the right thing when it came to hiring a towing company that supports and sponsors racing. You are one of the true good guys!

Enjoy that new car and happy holidays.

There is only one success - to be able to spend your life in your own way.

Christopher Morley

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > O/T Car towed from Kokomo to Indy.