IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Oval Nationals?
8/31/08, 1:35 PM   #1
Oval Nationals?
nowingsjeff

Race Count This Year: 5

Kevin Eckert's column is reporting the Oval Nationals will now only be two nights instead of three. He also said they're cutting the purse from $30,000 to $12,500 win!

One thing that does seem odd is that both USAC & Perris website have all 3 nights still listed.

If Kevin is right about the 2 nights, this is terrible news. As this 3 race weekend is what got many of us travlers through the long raceless winter.

I'm hoping Ventura or Victorville will schedule a race Thursday to pick up the lost night at Perris. With all the people who travel all over the country to attend the Perris weekend I'm sure the promoter that runs Thursday would hit a home run!

8/31/08, 3:47 PM   #2
Re: Oval Nationals?
sprinter25

SCRA fan board has a post about the purse being cut, but say nothing about cutting down to a two day show....I'm guessing Kevin Eckert is wrong on the cutback on the show....

8/31/08, 10:04 PM   #3
Mike McCormick

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprinter25 View Post
I'm guessing Kevin Eckert is wrong on the cutback on the show....
don't let him see this post, he'll spend three paragraphs on you in his next column telling everyone what an idiot you are, how you wouldn't know anything about racing to save your life, all kinds of not nice comments about your mother.

8/31/08, 11:50 PM   #4
Fisher79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike McCormick View Post
don't let him see this post, he'll spend three paragraphs on you in his next column telling everyone what an idiot you are, how you wouldn't know anything about racing to save your life, all kinds of not nice comments about your mother.
When is this board going to be rid of Mike McCormick? All he's done is stir the **** since his first post here, which was less than a month ago. Stirring the **** is one thing, but when you do it with false statements... There is a problem.

And when has Eckert ever spent three paragraphs, let alone one, doing the things you mentioned, Mike? His columns are packed with statistics, not slander.

9/1/08, 2:25 AM   #5
Dano959

Well, I've already been wavering on whether or not I'm going this year, so cutting back to 2 days would seal the deal and keep me away.

9/1/08, 3:08 PM   #6
AERO410SCJA

Race Count This Year: 24

Quote:
SCRA fan board has a post about the purse being cut, but say nothing about cutting down to a two day show....I'm guessing Kevin Eckert is wrong on the cutback on the show....

wrong quote the first time

9/1/08, 3:16 PM   #7
Gasman fan 50

Quote:
Are are correct about sprinter25!
Who drives this car anyway?
Joe

9/2/08, 7:58 PM   #8
Tanner Watson

Hello. This is Tanner Watson from Perris Auto Speedway. I want to let you know that the rumor of the 13th annual Budweiser Oval Nationals presented by Temecula Valley Pipe and supply being cut to two days is simply that, a rumor. We have every intention of running a three day show from October 30- November 1. We will also be having a practice on October 28th and the 3rd annual Golf Classic on October 29th. If anyone has any contact info for Mr. Eckert I would appreciate it so that I can clear this rumor up before people send me any more upset emails regarding this.

If you have contact info or can tell me where you read that article could you please email me at tuffchik80@aol.com. This does need to be put to rest.

Thanks,
Tanner Watson
Perris Auto Speedway

9/2/08, 8:06 PM   #9
Pine

Great news. I was hoping it was still a three day show. I would have traded my tickets for Manzy....

9/2/08, 8:08 PM   #10
AERO410SCJA

Race Count This Year: 24

Tanner does this mean the last night still pays 30grand:confused:

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Oval Nationals?