IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Lawrenceburg ...
6/2/18, 6:45 PM   #1
Lawrenceburg ...
gtownplowboy

I usually don't post negative things on here,but this time I have to..of the track cared about their paying customers they would have gotten the word out about the camping situation..travel a long way to spend my money here, but I guess they don't care what happens after they get your money.have someone out explaining that the antique show is more important, therefore making the campers move at midnight..I tried calling the track and got no response, asked a track official and he just shrugged his shoulders and basically said your issue, not theirs.been coming and camping here for fifteen years, but with this it will be my last trip ever..and I am not alone.42 campers inside the antique mall..will be interesting at midnight

2 members like this post: Chuckwells, tirespinner
6/2/18, 8:27 PM   #2
Re: Lawrenceburg ...
bigq11

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtownplowboy View Post
I usually don't post negative things on here,but this time I have to..of the track cared about their paying customers they would have gotten the word out about the camping situation..travel a long way to spend my money here, but I guess they don't care what happens after they get your money.have someone out explaining that the antique show is more important, therefore making the campers move at midnight..I tried calling the track and got no response, asked a track official and he just shrugged his shoulders and basically said your issue, not theirs.been coming and camping here for fifteen years, but with this it will be my last trip ever..and I am not alone.42 campers inside the antique mall..will be interesting at midnight
There is a lot of room outside the fence where campers can move to after the race. I know that in the past Dave has offered to let campers move to the back stretch or even the pits after the races.

You have been very lucky to have been coming to Lawrenceburg for 15 years and never have been there on the first weekend of the month.

Hope you change your mind and come back for another 15 years.

6/3/18, 12:29 AM   #3
gtownplowboy

Just to follow up..the track didn't announce that the campers had to move until the sprint feature.with a high profile show I think it was completely mismanaged.with that I will not be back nor will some of our neighbors in the camping area.just a shame that the ball was dropped on this.peace

1 member likes this post: dstensland
6/3/18, 12:52 AM   #4
Amzie

When my father and I were walking in today I pointed out a sign to him that said campers had to be out by 11:59 tonight. It was on what looked like a temporary barricade/gate right in the middle of the road as soon as we came through the fenced in area.

6/3/18, 12:58 AM   #5
Re: Lawrenceburg ...
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

There was a big sign as you came through the front gate in the center of the split that said CAMPERS! You must be out of the main fairground by midnight. Now Dave, Sandy or even I sometimes usually say something but it totally slipped my mind that it was the first weekend of the month

I understand your frustration but it is the Fairgrounds and the antique shows fault, they should have gone around notifying you before you got setup, not the tracks, they got their own show to run. and they usually allow you to camp free with electric hookup, I don't know many if any other tracks where you can do that..

There was a big sign and trust me, 9am Sunday morning there's a thousand flea's running around that main fairground. I don't even know that you could get out. Originally it was one of my concerns when they announced that they were moving Midget week up a week.
Last edited by Charles Nungester; 6/3/18 at 1:42 AM.

4 members like this post: chrismattlin, motorhead748, opnwhlmnd, PIT CART
6/3/18, 11:31 AM   #6
addictedtodirt

We tent camp and being locked out of the restrooms is a major pain. The way the antiques folks treated us last year, I won't return when they are there either. Nothing against Dave or the track. It just doesn't work for us to get the boot.

1 member likes this post: gtownplowboy
6/3/18, 1:24 PM   #7
btg1963

Sounds like a stinky situation, however, if it weren’t for the fairgrounds, there wouldn’t be a racetrack that nice... if at all... Those are public dollars at work...

6/3/18, 6:06 PM   #8
captrat

When this happens can you just camp outside the gate and not have to move? A few extra steps, but better than moving at midnight.

6/3/18, 6:40 PM   #9
gtownplowboy

If I would have known that I would have.the sign was covered with trash cans when we came on Friday night from Bloomington.not debating what I should have done.obviously there were 40 other campers that didn't see the sign either.a simple sign stating no campers for the races beyond this point at the gate would have fixed it all with a date on it.still, in my opinion, and mine only is that there was a better way.as far as the comment that Dave had his own event to run, without the hardcore fans that follow the bigger races, his profit margin would definitely suffer.was there all day and no one bothered to let anyone know.peace
Last edited by gtownplowboy; 6/3/18 at 8:03 PM.

4 members like this post: Amzie, Jbaldwin, progressive22, tirespinner
6/4/18, 12:54 PM   #10
Jim Gardner

Your first post was before hot laps Saturday and your last post suggests that you saw the sign Friday night when you arrived. Something tells me you had some time to figure out a plan that would work for you.

I understand it is quite the inconvenience not to stay in the designated area but to say "I'm never coming back! This is outrageous!" is a little over the top considering this situation wasn't dropped on you at 11:59 on Saturday night. Nothing is perfect. Compromise a little bit. The event is not 100% about you.
Last edited by Jim Gardner; 6/4/18 at 4:24 PM.

5 members like this post: Charles Nungester, chrismattlin, fish, FishBurger, tirespinner
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Lawrenceburg ...