IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Franchitti Returning to Indycar
9/2/08, 7:58 PM   #1
Franchitti Returning to Indycar
Dwight Clock

Dario Franchitti has changed his mind about staying in NASCAR and will be returning to the Indy wars. I wonder how this will affect Bryan Clauson with Ganassi. Positively, I hope. http://www.sportsline.com/autoracing/story/10957694/rss

9/2/08, 8:32 PM   #2
Re: Franchitti Returning to Indycar
Shawn

This is a good thing for Bryan. I was reading earlier that Dario will not race anymore Nationwide Series events in 2008. This leaves the door open for Bryan to get more seat time this season, including this weekend in Richmond. I know Dario was on the entry list for RIR, but that should be changed soon, I'm guessing.

It was a pleasant surprise while visiting Jayski.com earlier! :thumb

9/2/08, 8:39 PM   #3
Gregg

I sure hope this means Bryan is THE driver for the Nationwide car, and this means NO Kyle Krisiloff buy-rides.

Go get 'em, Bryan.

9/2/08, 8:50 PM   #4
bherzog513

So are you saying that bryan(or anyone else) has not had to pay to get him into a car after he went asphalt? I find that surprising for anyone coming up these days, no matter how good they were supposed to be before they went to N. Carolina.

9/2/08, 9:22 PM   #5
ScottLimbert

Hopefully this means Bryan will have enough time to get the ROY points back so he can bring the title back for the sprint and midget faithful

9/2/08, 9:32 PM   #6
BuckeyeBullet

The talent of the driver has very little to do with the equation anymore, unfortunately in many cases the depth of his pockets matters more than his ability to wheel the machine. That being said, not every driver with deep pockets is a bad shoe... case in point Joey Lagono. :respect:

As was mentioned above 99.999% of all professional drivers bring funding in one form or another.

9/2/08, 9:35 PM   #7
racefan20

Quote:
Originally Posted by bherzog513 View Post
So are you saying that bryan(or anyone else) has not had to pay to get him into a car after he went asphalt? I find that surprising for anyone coming up these days, no matter how good they were supposed to be before they went to N. Carolina.
That is EXACTLY what were saying. Brian didnt pay to get any of his asphalt rides.

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus

9/2/08, 10:18 PM   #8
Shawn

Bryan's a good example of how you don't always have to bring money to the equation. Also, since Joey Logano was mentioned, I don't think he brought money either. Mark Martin spoke out about this kid a few years ago. Probably about three to four years ago, actually. He was racing Legend Cars, then onto Late Models, including a stint in ASA. After ASA, it was time to head to the Hooters Pro Cup Series. Joe Gibbs Racing heard Mark Martin's opinion and watched this kid, until they signed him a few years ago.

Sorry for the long-winded post!

9/3/08, 12:31 AM   #9
tjtomthumb

After everything else Bryan has accomplished, his 2004 season in a sprint car is what got him noticed. 37 starts in a non-wing car, 6 were wins, 20 podium finishes, 31 top fives, at the age of 14. Rookie Of The Year at Lawrenceburg & Bloomington along with 2nd in points at Bloomington, National Sprint Car Hall of Fame "Wildcard Award" winner 2004 at age of 14, nope, he didn't need any money. Hard work and lots of sacrafices do pay off now and then. We sure hope this works out for BC.:thumb

9/3/08, 12:42 AM   #10
BuckeyeBullet

I believe I missed the mark on my previous post.

While it is not essential for money to be brought to the table once you make it to such a level, and find a suitor willing to back you like Logano with JGR and Clauson with CGRFS...having gone through much of the process myself I have a truly hard time believing that Clauson and (or) Logano brought forth $0 of funding.

I have a good friend who has brokered a few deals for young drivers this year (both Nationwide and Trucks) and after hearing his side I find it hard to believe that either of them just fell into these rides on sheer talent alone.:confused:

I am taking nothing away from either of these talented drivers as they truly are amazing to watch!:thumb

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Franchitti Returning to Indycar