IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Four Crown
9/2/08, 8:30 AM   #11
Re: Four Crown
Dyno Don

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redbone View Post
A little trivia note, this will be the 10th anniversary of Hewitt's sweep!
Poor Jack got the short end on this deal. '98 was the first year that they dropped the $10,000 bonus to win all 4 events.

9/2/08, 10:14 AM   #12
Z-man

NO MODIFIEDS?:crying: thats it then, I'm not going.:rolleyes:

9/2/08, 11:15 AM   #13
Fisher79

It's really too bad they've ruined this race. I really liked the old format of champ cars and late models/modifieds on Friday, sprints and midgets on Saturday and all features on Sunday afternoon. It was a fun time, especially that fall Sunday afternoon. It's what made me love Eldora way back when.

9/2/08, 11:40 AM   #14
miledirt

So there's nothing on Sunday afternoon?

9/2/08, 11:52 AM   #15
Onlydirt

I would go if you could watch the races. My guess is its going to be a complete dust fest. Wing cars the night before arent helping the track any at all. I dont mind dust if I can see it.

9/2/08, 12:00 PM   #16
Fisher79

Quote:
Originally Posted by miledirt View Post
So there's nothing on Sunday afternoon?
Nope, starting in '95 they scaled back and ran all preliminaries on Friday night and the features on Saturday night. I believe it continued that way until 2003, when the Four Crown took a one-year hiatus for the Mopar Million. Then, I think 2006 was the first year of the one-night-only format.

9/2/08, 12:15 PM   #17
Dwight Clock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisher79 View Post
Nope, starting in '95 they scaled back and ran all preliminaries on Friday night and the features on Saturday night. I believe it continued that way until 2003, when the Four Crown took a one-year hiatus for the Mopar Million. Then, I think 2006 was the first year of the one-night-only format.
Last year was the first year for the one night format. 2006 was the year of the 24 hours of Eldora when Friday got rained out after quals and they tried to run the whole thing Saturday and finished up at breakfast time Sunday morning.:eek:

9/2/08, 12:39 PM   #18
Fisher79

That's right, I knew I was forgetting something about 2006.

9/2/08, 2:30 PM   #19
Dyno Don

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisher79 View Post
It's really too bad they've ruined this race. I really liked the old format of champ cars and late models/modifieds on Friday, sprints and midgets on Saturday and all features on Sunday afternoon. It was a fun time, especially that fall Sunday afternoon. It's what made me love Eldora way back when.
Amen

9/2/08, 4:42 PM   #20
duel

I really like usac qualifying at Eldora. Running 3 divisions in one night and qualifying each car takes a long time plus the track is gone by the 1st heat. I think they should just qualify the champ cars, draw for positions for the sprints and midgets and use passing points to line them up. Oh yeah, get the grader out after the outlaw show friday night along with about 50 truck loads of water.
Randy Stull

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Four Crown