IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Oswego Classic
8/31/08, 9:30 PM   #1
Oswego Classic
Dwight Clock

Doug Didero won the Oswego Classic for super modifieds today. He was followed by Joe Goseck, Dave Shullick Jr., Davey Hamilton, and Joey Payne. Congrats to Doug!:applaud::thumb

9/1/08, 12:32 AM   #2
Re: Oswego Classic
IndyBound

Dwight, Doug's win of the 52nd running of the Oswego Classic was impressive, it was the first time the new extreme chassis saw the race track. Actually the car missed the first round of time trails held Saturday night because it wasn't finished yet. This team has really been scrambling for the last four weeks to get this car completed for the Classic. Congratulations to Paul & Megan Colloca owners of extreme chassis and Doug & Cindy Didero on a great win. It was Joe Gosek's 29th running of the Classic, Joe is one of the most popular drivers at Oswego, avoid was felt this season at Oswego when Joe's new extreme chassis was one of the cars banned over the winter. Joe's car owner refused to change the car over until now, Joe's winning the pole on Saturday night and finishing second today was popular with the fans. D. J. Shullick Jr. was also in a new extreme chassis and Davey Hamilton was in a brand new Joe Hawksby chassis, attrition usually plays a huge part in this race to have these four new cars perform fawlessly was remarkable.

Patti

9/1/08, 8:55 AM   #3
PJ Wright

Patti; Do you know who may be planning on coming down to NC in November for the East-West shootout?

9/1/08, 10:08 AM   #4
RacinFool

Full field and another great CLASSIC!! If you ever have a chance to go you won't be sorry!!!:thumb

9/1/08, 12:37 PM   #5
IndyBound

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ Wright View Post
Patti; Do you know who may be planning on coming down to NC in November for the East-West shootout?
PJ, No, I haven't heard what cars are planning to head south in November. I will certainly let you know if I hear anything. I would expect a strong field of cars for this race.

Patti

9/1/08, 12:49 PM   #6
interpreter66

patti
where will they be ,ive always wanted to see them and this would be closer than going to n.y

9/1/08, 2:35 PM   #7
PJ Wright

interpreter66; The race in NC is at Concord, just north of Charlotte. It will be held on Nov. 7th and 8th in conjunction with the North-South modified challenge. The track itself is a half-mile tri-oval. Last year there were about 35 supers. What made it even more exciting was the variety of cars from different parts of the country. It was a great show and I'm REALLY looking forward to this year's event.
Last edited by PJ Wright; 9/1/08 at 2:39 PM. Reason: grammer! or lack thereof!

9/1/08, 3:47 PM   #8
Danny Burton

PJ, we'll be expecting a full report from you, okay?:thumb

Quiet, numbskulls. I'm broadcasting.

9/1/08, 4:16 PM   #9
PJ Wright

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny Burton View Post
PJ, we'll be expecting a full report from you, okay?:thumb
Oh no, the pressure!!! J/K, I'll give it a shot.

9/1/08, 4:54 PM   #10
Dwight Clock

If anybody from Indiana wants to go send me a PM. I'm going and don't want to make the trip by myself.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Oswego Classic