IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Good Morning Clermont!
8/29/08, 7:44 AM   #1
Good Morning Clermont!
Dwight Clock

This being my first U.S. Nationals since moving to Clermont I was prepared for a weekend of traffic, noise, etc. But I wasn't prepared for runs to be made down the strip at 7:00 a.m.!

8/29/08, 8:01 AM   #2
Re: Good Morning Clermont!
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

If it was a sprinter, I bet thered be no complaints, You'd be there!

I could handle a 5000hp nitro dragster at 7am. I can't handle the landscapers at 8am.

Chuck, good moring MR. Clock

8/29/08, 8:03 AM   #3
Dwight Clock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
If it was a sprinter, I bet thered be no complaints, You'd be there!

I could handle a 5000hp nitro dragster at 7am. I can't handle the landscapers at 8am.

Chuck, good moring MR. Clock
I don't think there will be any complaints. Locals must be used to it. I think that it is hilarious!:O:

8/29/08, 8:07 AM   #4
Racerrob

That is one hell of an alarm clock you have there Dwight!!

I have been inside the Oval at ORP when a Nitro car has made a pass and all I can say is WOW!!! :respect:

After the pass I wondered aloud (very aloud since we all had trouble hearing) why they require the Sprints and Midgets to run mufflers given the level of the exhaust note put out by the Drag cars?? :kookoo

Rob Hoffman

8/29/08, 8:09 AM   #5
illinisprintfan

It also beats a rooster sounding off at 5:00 a.m. It makes you want to get your Louisville Slugger and have a "conversation" with the Foghorn Leghorn wanna be down the road. :icon_smile_blackeye

8/29/08, 8:11 AM   #6
PIT CART

On my way down there as soon as I get my coffee drank. I was shocked to see they start running cars at 7:00 AM. I have not been to a drag race since Avilla. A friend of mine said I should check it out. Might hit Gas City on the way home.:checkered:
Have a good Labor Day everybody

8/29/08, 8:28 AM   #7
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

I agree Dwight, It is funny and the locals know it's their bread and butter. (Pardon pun in the time for breakfast sense)

Like Rob said, These are the only things other than a jet that litterally hit you in the chest with SOUND. Its more like a dynamite shockwave. WOnder what my SSEI would sound like UNCAPPED, Oh wait, thats 10pds of boost. not 500.

Rob, I know you've been around and have raced under (Strange) Circumstances but the weirdest thing and probably most shocking thing to me ever was watching Toby Beck do a USAC muffler test and not being able to hear the Sprinter any more than your street car. The sound of the power is very much a part of the excitment.

Chuck, who knows why deaf people have loud stereos, play drums ect because they can feel it.

8/29/08, 8:38 AM   #8
Jerry Spencer

Nothing like the feel of the Ground Pounders and a few warm beers to make for a perfect day. Pit Cart if you make Gas City stop by and say hi. The rain came last night at one and three, just enough to wet the pavement. Cloudy,Muggy and hot right now but no rain for anyone headed this way.

Jerry #66j
www.joshspencer.com

8/29/08, 9:17 AM   #9
racefan20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwight Clock View Post
This being my first U.S. Nationals since moving to Clermont I was prepared for a weekend of traffic, noise, etc. But I wasn't prepared for runs to be made down the strip at 7:00 a.m.!:rolling:rolling:thumb
I got that wakeup call too Dwight, youre a newbie for the area. Just wait till the nitro's get out there tonight and shake your windows

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus

8/29/08, 9:21 AM   #10
Dwight Clock

Quote:
Originally Posted by racefan20 View Post
I got that wakeup call too Dwight, youre a newbie for the area. Just wait till the nitro's get out there tonight and shake your windows
I'll be at Gas City, John. Maybe tomorrow night.:O:

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Good Morning Clermont!