IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Montpelier
6/7/17, 9:58 AM   #31
Re: Montpelier
Jim Gardner

Quote:
Originally Posted by david mitchell View Post
I wasn't there last night and that sounds like a good thing.pretty late when people have to work in a few hours after completion.no excuse.how many parents were leaving with their children.sounds like a replacement may be needed for this track on the midget week schedule.not a way to grow the sport.
You want to cut the legs out from under the one track in the state that runs midgets regularly because they whiffed on track prep one time? Sounds like a better way to grow the sport. Come on man.

6/7/17, 10:47 AM   #32
jjones752

Race Count This Year: 19
Race Count Last Year: 22

It was a Tuesday. It's called Midget Week for a reason. Kinda hard to start a weeknight show early, and track prep is more art than science. Harold and Lori bust their butts to give us a place to race, and have spent tons in money and personal sacrifice to do so, and continue to make the place both safer and more fan-friendly in the process. I was happy to go support them and USAC and look forward to many more Midget Week shows there. This has all been made possible by the foresight Harold, Brian and others had to take a chance on starting and promoting a Midget class and seeing that Open wheel racing has another place to thrive.
Midwest Thunder Speed2 Midget #97

6/7/17, 11:13 AM   #33
trannyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjones752 View Post
It was a Tuesday. It's called Midget Week for a reason. Kinda hard to start a weeknight show early, and track prep is more art than science. Harold and Lori bust their butts to give us a place to race, and have spent tons in money and personal sacrifice to do so, and continue to make the place both safer and more fan-friendly in the process. I was happy to go support them and USAC and look forward to many more Midget Week shows there. This has all been made possible by the foresight Harold, Brian and others had to take a chance on starting and promoting a Midget class and seeing that Open wheel racing has another place to thrive.
I totally agree.What do people think,because it's a week night that a show can be ran sooner and faster?Geez.We're heading to Gas City tonight and I DEFINITELY don't expect to get out early.To expect anything else is unrealistic.

6 members like this post: bobO, davidm, jerrydt, leftturnonly, tirespinner, TQ29m
6/7/17, 11:15 AM   #34
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
I wasn't there last night and that sounds like a good thing.pretty late when people have to work in a few hours after completion.no excuse.how many parents were leaving with their children.sounds like a replacement may be needed for this track on the midget week schedule.not a way to grow the sport.

Bad Form to bash a track you weren't even at. I went last year and really enjoyed the place, the people, the racing. Also the only track running regular midget shows in Indiana on Dirt.
Let's just take their midget date even though they're trying to "Grow the sport"

11pm isn't a deal breaker for me. 1am-3am like last years four crown is.

7 members like this post: bobO, captrat, Dirteater, FishBurger, jjones752, leftturnonly, trannyman
6/7/17, 11:53 AM   #35
david mitchell
Banned

Every track should have curfew. Trannyman, what about someone who might have been there and who had a child or had to work on Wednesday.You say you don,t expect to get out of Gas City very early tonightWhy shouldn't someone expect to get out of a professional sporting event at a decent time.Barring accidents, there is nothing that should delay a racing program.Track preparation is a lot like the guy who forgets to buy a Christmas present.You know it has been on the same day for a long time.You know you have a race date on a certain day.Have the track prepared for it.Don't say that cannot be done.Hundreds of tracks do it weekly.I have nothing against Montpeiler.You see this happen all the time ,usually in the midwest for some reason.Any opinions.

6/7/17, 12:00 PM   #36
BrentTFunk

I was there, and yes it was a fairly late night. As for the track prep, sunny and a strong dry north wind has some control as to how the track turns out. I didn't really see anyone leaving until after the Midget feature. Sprint and Midget twin bills are never fast, and big car counts are never over quick. Its just the way it is. No problems from me. On to Gas City.

6/7/17, 12:25 PM   #37
TQ29m

Quote:
Every track should have curfew. Trannyman, what about someone who might have been there and who had a child or had to work on Wednesday.You say you don,t expect to get out of Gas City very early tonightWhy shouldn't someone expect to get out of a professional sporting event at a decent time.Barring accidents, there is nothing that should delay a racing program.Track preparation is a lot like the guy who forgets to buy a Christmas present.You know it has been on the same day for a long time.You know you have a race date on a certain day.Have the track prepared for it.Don't say that cannot be done.Hundreds of tracks do it weekly.I have nothing against Montpeiler.You see this happen all the time ,usually in the midwest for some reason.Any opinions.
Every track should have a curfew? It's open range, Mr Mitchell, you can leave when you want to, you don't sign on to stay till the end, maybe that would be the better thought, you come, you pay, you stay! Yes, curfews can be a good thing, but just because things don't run like a Swiss watch. is no reason to get your knickers in a knot, never hear of anyone complaining because a stick and ball game goes over, no, they usually go outside and riot, that's becoming isn't it, you know the game when you make the decision to go, it might not be a bad idea to bring your Jammies, or something to keep you dry, or goggles, or a mask, heaven forbid it might rain, be dusty, not! I've been to a lot more races that ran over, then I have to one's that didn't, curfew's are only to keep things from getting out of hand, like every time they race, I think maybe I'd re-read your post, and see if maybe you aren't over doing the complaint. JMHO! Bob

6 members like this post: erich45, fish, leftturnonly, racer-x, tirespinner, trannyman
6/7/17, 1:05 PM   #38
gtownplowboy

I was there.sure they missed the track prep this year. Last year was one of the best races I saw.sun and wind looked out.they did try to make it better and that took time.dirt has a mind of its own sometime.as Mr.funk said, I'm to gas city.

3 members like this post: BrentTFunk, flagboy55, trannyman
6/7/17, 1:21 PM   #39
trannyman

Quote:
Well,since your directing towards me and not the several others that seem to be on the same page,I'll do my best.If you're taking children,which we are tonight, and working tomorrow,which I am,I KNOW it'll be late.And we still choose to go.Even if the whole night goes smoothly,by the time you're back on road and drive home...it's late.It's a racing
event,not a school program or ballgame.If your schedule is so tight,I'd advise a movie and dinner,instead.And seeing you didn't attend,anyway,im guessing your attendance won't be missed.

4 members like this post: Dirteater, fish, leftturnonly, tirespinner
6/7/17, 1:26 PM   #40
trannyman

That's still a great thing about America,we still have choices.Do,don't do.There are things in the world that aren't to my likings but I don't expect changes just because.I just choose to do what I do like and capable of doing.Oh please,Bob,put up the beating a dead horse moji.lol

2 members like this post: Charles Nungester, tirespinner
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Montpelier