IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > lightning sprint chain questio
3/24/17, 2:21 PM   #1
lightning sprint chain questio
cbhhms17439

Race Count This Year: 40
Race Count Last Year: 40

Just wondering if any one uses masterli nks or do u peen yr links together ive used masterlinks for 20 some yrs on my 600 without a single issue not sure if the masterlinks will hold up on the 1000s I use them on my zx10r bike doing burnout all the time and havent had any issues on my bike trying to decide what way to go

3/24/17, 3:36 PM   #2
cmiracingvids

Just about to head out to the car right now to add a master link. Ran them on every chain I've had and never had an issue. Always make sure to do your proper maintanence and cleaning and it should be fine.

3/24/17, 11:47 PM   #3
Jim Gardner

Some guys run them and some run master links. If your chain is bound up you've got issues elsewhere. Just make certain the clip is running the correct direction.

3/25/17, 8:45 AM   #4
Re: lightning sprint chain questio
Bill84

Race Count This Year: 17
Race Count Last Year: 13

Make sure and run press on links, and after you install the clip, press the link back out against it to keep it from coming off.

Bill

3/26/17, 3:09 PM   #5
Re: lightning sprint chain questio
darnall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill84 View Post
Make sure and run press on links, and after you install the clip, press the link back out against it to keep it from coming off.

Bill
This advice combined with regularly tossing the entire masterlink in the trash for a fresh one....or tossing the clip and replacing if its been on and off enough times to start distorting it, and I've never had a failure with motorcycle chain on a dirt racecar.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > lightning sprint chain questio