IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > 2017 No Way Out 40
3/21/17, 3:20 PM   #11
i love dirt track racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownstownSpeedway View Post
No Way Out 40 week is here!
Hopefully that you guys will think about running the no way out 40 on friday. I think that you will get a good back gate number and I think that if you push the starting time back a hour you will still get a great front gate. Alot of hungry racing fans in the area to see some great non wing racing. Thanks.

1 member likes this post: SPD 37
3/21/17, 4:27 PM   #12
Re: 2017 No Way Out 40
bigq11

Please run this race on Friday. Last chance to have no competition for the race teams and fans. It would be a shame to lose another race here.

2 members like this post: i love dirt track racing, SPD 37
3/21/17, 4:48 PM   #13
i love dirt track racing

I'm sure that it's hard to find employees to make something like this to happen on short notice. Just say no concessions stands will be open and that we will have someone to sell you a ticket and you would be amazed by how many racing teams and racing fans might show up. Thinking out loud. Thanks.

4 members like this post: BrentTFunk, PIT CART, tirespinner, wildman92
3/21/17, 4:59 PM   #14
Nate

In a perfect world. I'd say move the show to Friday night if this forecast doesn't change by tomorrow. Push the start back an hour or so to give people a chance to get off work and time to get to the track. If you're concerned about running late can always drop one of the two support classes. Still think there were be a great turnout since a lot of people are anxious to go racing, especially since the weather is suppose to be great on Friday.

That said, as mentioned above, It may be hard to get employees to the track and everything ready, not just concessions or preparing and working the track but also you need push truck + drivers, medical/fire crews, etc. All on a couple days notice. Plus, some drivers may not be able to make it on a Friday afternoon/evening.

I'm just hoping because I'm selfish and want to see some racing.

2 members like this post: i love dirt track racing, wildman92
3/21/17, 6:18 PM   #15
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

With all due respect. You don't dare do something like that. You'll have people showing up saturday to locked gates saying WTH?

You could have a raindate of April 8th and bump the price if needed on a already existing show. While it would affect a few drivers who do both sprints and midgets. In no way is this in Kokomo's market.

3/21/17, 6:25 PM   #16
SHORTBUS

Race Count This Year: 35
Race Count Last Year: 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by charles nungester View Post
with all due respect. You don't dare do something like that. You'll have people showing up saturday to locked gates saying wth?

You could have a raindate of april 8th and bump the price if needed on a already existing show. While it would affect a few drivers who do both sprints and midgets. In no way is this in kokomo's market.
chuck,
april 8 is opening night for lps

4 members like this post: Charles Nungester, jim goerge, tirespinner, wildman92
3/21/17, 7:31 PM   #17
tdt636

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHORTBUS View Post
chuck,
And it's an MSCS show

3 members like this post: jim goerge, racefan20, tirespinner
3/21/17, 7:32 PM   #18
racefan20

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHORTBUS View Post
chuck,
and its an MSCS show

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus

2 members like this post: jim goerge, tirespinner
3/21/17, 7:48 PM   #19
1021gpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
With all due respect. You don't dare do something like that. You'll have people showing up saturday to locked gates saying WTH?

You could have a raindate of April 8th and bump the price if needed on a already existing show. While it would affect a few drivers who do both sprints and midgets. In no way is this in Kokomo's market.
Yeah no one has internet so we wouldn't know it had been to Friday till we get our copy of speed sport news next Thursday and atomic speedway came out Monday and said because of weather on Saturday they were gonna run Friday they could do it and I believe they would have a good crowd too

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
3/21/17, 8:51 PM   #20
FrankR63

All the die hards would know of the change of days, but...there just may be a few who do not live and breathe this insanity. Lots of ways to loose potential new or casual fans, tell the guy that shows up Sat. that you allran it Friday, he is Done. Take a step back, running Friday is not a valid option. Any March show is a roll of the dice, get a grip guys, few more weeks were racing steady.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > 2017 No Way Out 40