IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > class versus no class
1/15/17, 12:24 PM   #1
class versus no class
david mitchell
Banned

If the tables were turned, does anyone think DD would have done what Sammy did.He had no desire to make the feature, just payback.Class vs no class.They said Sammy was in a bad mood all week. I say how could you tell.Seems like he is in a bad mood all the time.Check out DD website if you want to see class.

1/15/17, 2:00 PM   #2
gtownplowboy

Sammy had issues every time he was on the track.first with Parker price Miller, then Dave.just showing the way he had been his whole career.

3 members like this post: Bostonian, dirtnonwingfan, Speedwrench
1/15/17, 2:04 PM   #3
chathamracefan

Sammy has issues with someone at the Chili Bowl every year.

3 members like this post: billw, dirtnonwingfan, Speedwrench
1/15/17, 3:36 PM   #4
interpreter66

Enlighten us who don't know what happened
Thanks

I'm sure I won't be surprised😀
Last edited by interpreter66; 1/15/17 at 3:37 PM.

1 member likes this post: Jesse B
1/15/17, 3:47 PM   #5
Re: class versus no class
Jim Gardner

DD threw, not the dirtiest slider of all time- but also not the cleanest, and knocked Sammy's front end over towards the wall and Sammy stopped and went to the tail. Then a few laps later for the last transfer spot DD shut the door on Sammy on the bottom, and Sammy could have lifted- but chose not to and both tangled and stopped. There was only a lap or two left so they had no shot to rebound.

Two vets racing hard and not giving an inch.

5 members like this post: bsmith8, JDFAST, mscs20, progressive22, trannyman
1/15/17, 4:18 PM   #6
davidm

Race Count This Year: 21
Race Count Last Year: 23

I've probably seen Dave race as much as I've seen Sammy. I can count of two fingers the number of times I've seen Dave run into someone. For Sammy I'd need all my fingers and most of my toes.

1/15/17, 4:27 PM   #7
revjimk

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidm View Post
I've probably seen Dave race as much as I've seen Sammy. I can count of two fingers the number of times I've seen Dave run into someone. For Sammy I'd need all my fingers and most of my toes.
Yea, Sammy has a reputation for that stuff, but from what I saw, DD ran into Sammy first time, cut him off the second time
"Pre-emptive strike"?

3 members like this post: JDFAST, progressive22, trannyman
1/15/17, 4:31 PM   #8
hairracer44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Gardner View Post
DD threw, not the dirtiest slider of all time- but also not the cleanest, and knocked Sammy's front end over towards the wall and Sammy stopped and went to the tail. Then a few laps later for the last transfer spot DD shut the door on Sammy on the bottom, and Sammy could have lifted- but chose not to and both tangled and stopped. There was only a lap or two left so they had no shot to rebound.

Two vets racing hard and not giving an inch.
Deal is it's the Chili Bowl and like you say two vet racers not giving an inch. The way I saw it Darland put a Slider, not a very clean one, but Sammy could have rolled out of the throttle and drove under Dave but he didn't and paid for it, example of not giving. Dave chose to protect the bottom for a transfer to the A on the last lap and didn't give, probably not knowing it was Sammy and paid the price. As a racer I truly don't know what I would have done being in those positions because on the track you have such a short time to make these decisions and sometimes after seeing it or having more time to think you would have probably done things different. It is the nature of our sport and why the fans come to watch, hard competitive racing with personalities that make it exciting.

3 members like this post: Charles Nungester, oppweld, Simon_says17
1/15/17, 4:32 PM   #9
Mattmac05

Dave's slider wasn't the cleanest, and truthfully I didn't have a problem with it, it was just hard racing. Sammy has a brake pedal like everyone else, he could have turned down under him coming off. The second incident, Dave didn't cut him off, I am not sure he even knew he was there. Sammy just drove straight thru him.

3 members like this post: gtownplowboy, jim goerge, Williams31
1/15/17, 5:35 PM   #10
Speedwrench

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidm View Post
And would probably have to borrow some from sixty or seventy of your closest friends.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > class versus no class