IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Need some info on Mini Sprints
10/24/16, 10:02 PM   #1
Need some info on Mini Sprints
dakota

Long story short I'm incredibly ignorant when it comes to the mechanical aspects of racing and I'm looking for some information on Mini sprints, I've done a lot of research online but I figured I'd see if anyone on here could help as well. Any info would be appreciated, mainly trying to understand the differences in the types of chassis and motors. How difficult is it and what does the process look like for taking a bare chassis and turning it into a raceable car? How complicated is it to rebuild a 600cc or 1000cc engine? What should my first steps be in understanding this stuff? Any links to information or first hand knowledge would be wonderful.

Thank you,

Dakota

10/25/16, 8:37 AM   #2
Re: Need some info on Mini Sprints
Jim Gardner

The first question to answer is where do you live and where do you plan on racing? Regions will determine whether you want a 600cc micro or a 1000cc upright car.

2 members like this post: Bradleyracing86, dakota
10/25/16, 8:43 AM   #3
Bradleyracing86

Send me a text when you're available and I'll call if I'm on the ground.
Andy
812-345-3946

1 member likes this post: dakota
10/25/16, 12:49 PM   #4
Re: Need some info on Mini Sprints
Jonr

The best answer is to find the track that you think you want to race at it, and go into the pits and start talking to people. Eventually, you will find that guy who is short a crew person and would be glad to teach you how to work on his car for exchange for you being part of his pit crew. You help him out by working on the car, and he helps you out by teaching you everything you need to know about the car. The best thing about this is that you are learning as someone else is paying the bills. When you eventually decide to buy a car, you already have a person in the pits that you can pit with and that can help with your car as well. It is a win-win-win.

4 members like this post: DAD, dakota, motorhead748, PIT CART
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Need some info on Mini Sprints