IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > let's race two
5/7/16, 9:44 PM   #51
Re: let's race two
Backitin

Quote:
Originally Posted by flagboy55 View Post
Finally caught up to gyatk94 and we are drinking zombie dust right out in front of the main gate, stop by and say hi
Shows my age, back in the day if you ingested zombie dust you didn't drink it.
You silly kids and your zombies.

3 members like this post: DirtHawk92, flagboy55, jim goerge
5/7/16, 9:48 PM   #52
Sprintcarfanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by PIT CART View Post
I really enjoyed the races last night. Glad to hear Blaney is ok also. My only question is does anyone else get flat tires within 24 hours of leaving that place?
Bad Bleeders ?

4 members like this post: Charles Nungester, jim goerge, PIT CART, tirespinner
5/8/16, 9:42 AM   #53
motorhead748

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
Anyone who gets in a sprint car, with or without the wing and hammers at Eldora, has guts.
^post of the week right there

4 members like this post: DirtHawk92, flagboy55, jim goerge, SteveB31
5/8/16, 9:45 AM   #54
motorhead748

Quote:
Originally Posted by nodramazone20 View Post
there are a few guys who strap on a wing...bacon, clauson, sunshine...it does NOT go both ways...thats my point....wing guys wont go the other way because they have to DRIVE the car.

never said they dont have guts....hell, NHRA guys and gals have guts, still does not make that exciting to watch
I'm guessing you've never been in one.

1 member likes this post: flagboy55
5/8/16, 1:14 PM   #55
FrankR63

Just a few thoughts on this event.
I attended Friday as I did last year, I figure that going Friday helps out a bit, far fewer attend on Friday.
I just do not know how you could fault this event. This is the cream of the crop in Sprint Car racing all in one place at one time. On one hell of a race track as well. Ground zero on planet earth for SPRINT CAR racing.

I believe this is like my 3 – 4th event of this season and it is the first one I came out of the infield to actually watch the races.

Absolutely fabulous racing. Yes, WoO cars on a track like this are not going to offer as much maneuverability and passing as the traditional (proper) Sprint Cars, but that is the nature of the beast.

Both cars, the speed there carrying into 1 and 3 is just stunning. ALL these cats deserve a pat on the back, HUGE commitment driving here.

I love the contrast, right in front of your face – two distinct types of racing but both still Spring Cars.

Watching that #1 of Robert sail around the track really brought back memories, sorry he had such a bad weekend.

Thank you Tony, lovely event, your place looks outstanding. All of the people that work to pull this off are to be commended.
THANKS!

5/8/16, 10:31 PM   #56
AERO410SCJA

Race Count This Year: 24

Thanks for the Zombie Dust Flyboy,it was good to meet you and your buddy.

5/8/16, 11:29 PM   #57
GYATK94

Race Count This Year: 36
Race Count Last Year: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by AERO410SCJA View Post
Thanks for the Zombie Dust Flyboy,it was good to meet you and your buddy.
I second that. Thanks again for the great beer, Steve (flagboy). It is greatly appreciated. Hope everyone who attended enjoyed the racing as much as I did. Both series put on great shows in my opinion. Definitely one of my favorite weekends of racing.

5/9/16, 12:14 AM   #58
flagboy55

To aero and 94, glad to meet you guys and share some outstanding beer and racing. My pleasure to meet you guys, hopefully we can do it again soon. Always fun to catch up to Mr Funk as well, will have some gumball head coming your way soon. Looking forward to meeting more iow members this summer. As for the races, it was a great weekend. Thanks to Eldora and the 2 sanctions for putting this weekend together. If you were there and have something to complain about, I can't help you, perhaps some therapy

4 members like this post: BrentTFunk, GYATK94, scottyCbus, spicoli
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > let's race two