IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
STIDA.com (Offline)
  #1 1/21/17 8:20 PM
Spectrum has bought out Bright house cable services.

DO NOT SWITCH TO A SPECTRUM BUNDLE.

We had to get a modem replaced. We were told we were being switched to the Spectrum services and it was $3 cheaper for the same channels. Well they are liars! Spectrum DOES NOT carry mavtv. If you keep your bright house bundle you are grandfathered into that channel. Once you switch , you cant switch back or get MAVtv.

Feel free to offer any advice on how to get Mav back.
2 Likes: fish, Simon_says17
Therealether (Offline)
  #2 1/21/17 9:41 PM
Head to nkt.tv and sign up for free account. Add Mavtv for 2.99 a month. I did it, works great. Apps for android, roku, apole, etc...
2 Likes: midget39, STIDA.com
chrismattlin (Offline)
  #3 1/23/17 3:44 PM
Actually, Bright House bought out a geographical portion of Time Warner Cable and changed their name to Spectrum.

Anyway, I have Spectrum and have MAVtv; had it on Time Warner before the change too.

I know what happened to you sucks, but I wouldn't worry too much as cable tv in it's entirety will be obsolete very soon. In fact, it already is obsolete, but the cable companies still hold alot of clout ($$$) and will fight IPtv to the death (which is inevitable).

BTW, you can find pretty much any channel on the internet for free, even pay-per-view stuff like UFC. Hey, it's fun to be a pirate- Arghhh!
2 Likes: Simon_says17, Therealether
Therealether (Offline)
  #4 1/23/17 4:22 PM
True story