IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Huge USAC/UMP Mod Double at THAT and Indy Mile May 20-21
5/19/15, 9:25 AM   #11
Re: Huge USAC/UMP Mod Double at THAT and Indy Mile May 20-21
DiehardRaceFan

Race Count Last Year: 72

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidm View Post
I had to go looking for Bonne Terre, MD. and wondering why I never heard of Danny Long before. That should be MO not MD.
Haha I just noticed that. Funny

5/20/15, 10:08 AM   #12
DiehardRaceFan

Who's name will go on this tonight? Earlier I predicted Dave Darland, and that is who I am sticking with. Should be a great show.
Last edited by DiehardRaceFan; 5/20/15 at 10:09 AM.

1 member likes this post: IndyBound
5/20/15, 10:40 AM   #13
svfd830

Any weather updates?

5/20/15, 11:08 AM   #14
illinisprintfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by svfd830 View Post
Any weather updates?
I work 30 miles South of the track and so far it is just overcast.

5/20/15, 11:10 AM   #15
solesky1

Quote:
Originally Posted by svfd830 View Post
Any weather updates?
50% chance of rain starting at 1:00, up to 55% by 5:00 and between 30% and 55% through 8:00 according to the weather channel. I just looked outside and it's really clouding up. Not looking likely to get the race in tonight

1 member likes this post: bandres21
5/20/15, 11:53 AM   #16
svfd830

Thanks. Please keep us updated. Hopefully USA won't wait til the last minute.

5/21/15, 1:20 AM   #17
Macon Racing

Unfortunately Mother Nature wasn't a race fan for Terre Haute, but things look great for Indy!

Thursday Night Race Features Large Entry List

A.J. Foyt, Parnelli Jones, Mario Andretti, Al Unser, Pancho Carter, Gary Bettenhausen, Jack Hewitt, and many more greats are former winners of the historic Hoosier Hundred at the Indiana State Fairgrounds. Thursday night, May 21, another name will enter the history books. It won’t be easy, as the list is filled with 34 strong competitors looking to find victory lane.

The race, leading up to the biggest race weekend in Indiana, has a number of recent Hoosier Hundred winners entered. Some of the favorites to claim the top prize in Thursday’s event include last year’s winner Kody Swanson, 2013 event champion Levi Jones, and two-time winner Jerry Coons, Jr. Veteran Dave Darland has claimed three wins in the prestigious race but hasn’t found victory lane at the one-mile oval since 2004.

While those drivers are going to be early picks in the friendly pools, someone else is sure to step up and challenge. Afterall, the car count looks to be stellar with 34 drivers pre-entered. The resurgence of the USAC Silver Crown cars will be easy to see at the Indiana State Fairgrounds.

Not only is the Silver Crown list extensive, the UMP Modified entry list will turn some heads. Last year, just 12 drivers were pre-entered before raceday. This year, 19 have filed entries ahead of time. Included are Ken Schrader, who is always tough at the mile, Kenny Wallace who will be making his first start there, and Joey Kramer who has claimed a couple of wins in recent years at the track. With all of the recent rainouts, drivers are ready to get back on track and Thursday’s race in Indianapolis will give them a chance to knock the rust off.

Pit gates will open Thursday at 12:00, grandstands at 3:00, practice will begin at 5:00, qualifying at 6:00, and feature action will start at 7:00.

For more information on the two events, visit www.trackenterprises.com

1 member likes this post: IndyBound
5/21/15, 3:18 PM   #18
DiehardRaceFan

Who's name will go on here at the end of the 2015 Hoosier Hundred? I say Kody Swanson goes back to back. What do you think?

5/21/15, 3:53 PM   #19
addictedtodirt

May be a long shot but he's been driving his ass off in sprint cars....I'll say CJ Leary gets the big check.

5/21/15, 3:58 PM   #20
on_the_edge

Quote:
Originally Posted by addictedtodirt View Post
May be a long shot but he's been driving his ass off in sprint cars....I'll say CJ Leary gets the big check.
In a brand new DRC, he will probably be one to watch tonight and is due for a big win.

1 member likes this post: addictedtodirt
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Huge USAC/UMP Mod Double at THAT and Indy Mile May 20-21