IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > FRIDAY 13th Bloomington Speedway USAC Indiana Midget Week
6/9/14, 4:44 PM   #1
FRIDAY 13th Bloomington Speedway USAC Indiana Midget Week
Bloomington Speedway

This Friday June 13th at the Bloomington Speedway, can Bryan Clauson back up last years win, or will young Chris Bell continue his winning streak in the powerful Keith Kunz midget. How many drivers will be doing the double, running their USAC Midget and then hoping in to a sprint car to battle the locals.
Last years Sprint car feature winner was Brady Short, will one of the USAC drivers like Dave Darland (who is doing the double) challenge him, or will it be Jeff Bland who is on his own hot streak here lately?

Last years UMP Modified feature winner was Derek Groomer, can he repeat or will we have another new winner in the UMP Modifieds?
This is going to be one of the top 3 events at Bloomington this season! Don’t miss this spectacular show of USAC Midgets, ServoPro Sprints and Rick’s Automotive UMP Modifieds, it is going to be a GREAT show you DO NOT want to miss!

General Admission is $20.00 and Pits $30.00. The pit gate will open at 4:00 pm for this event. General admission gates at 5:30.

Last years USAC Indiana Midget Week 2013 results

FEATURE: (30 laps) 1. Bryan Clauson, 2. Christopher Bell, 3. Rico Abreu, 4. Davey Ray, 5. Jerry Coons Jr., 6. Michael Pickens, 7. Darren Hagen, 8. Caleb Armstrong, 9. Alex Bright, 10. Austin Brown, 11. Levi Jones, 12. Tanner Thorson, 13. Brad Kuhn, 14. Brady Bacon, 15. Ryan Criswell, 16. Dalton Armstrong, 17. Andrew Felker, 18. Dave Darland, 19. Dillon Welch, 20. Tracy Hines, 21. Zach Daum, 22. Shane Cockrum. NT

1 member likes this post: Danny Burton
6/9/14, 6:44 PM   #2
Dirtfan

Race Count This Year: 51
Race Count Last Year: 57

After last weeks "delay" improvements are in order IMO.

"Today is a Gift, Tomorrow is not Promised"

2 members like this post: dshort36, ronmil
6/9/14, 7:06 PM   #3
Chris Nunn

Race Count This Year: 20

The delay turned out to be worth it. I'll wait a bit for a damn good track surface if it works out

4 members like this post: fish, jjones752, monkeyboy, Panama
6/9/14, 8:26 PM   #4
Panama

The management and the owners have addressed this issue, and I have serious doubts the same problem, for the same reasons will occur again, ever.

If there is anything good that can be said about the mistake, it was made in an effort to keep the track racey for the fans and less abrasive for the car owners.

I can excuse mistakes made in effort to attempt to improve things, its the lazy not caring mistakes that drive me crazy.

I know I have made more than my fair share of mistakes in my time and I know I will make more.

I sincerely believe good lessons were learned last Friday and it should make things better going forward.

6/9/14, 8:26 PM   #5
Duane Hancock

I hope track is identical to what I seen video of last week in the A Main but all night long

3 members like this post: Charles Nungester, Jackslash.com, Panama
6/9/14, 8:45 PM   #6
illinisprintfan

I live two hours away and still made it home by midnight Illinois time after staying for the mod feature. Did they mess up? Yes. Did they apologize? Yes. Did they fix it? Yes. Were the sprints and mods A features great? YES!! No complaints from me. The battle between Casey and Chase was awesome.

4 members like this post: BrentTFunk, fish, hbmundy, Panama
6/9/14, 8:54 PM   #7
wildman92

Race Count This Year: 50

Just don't ever run out of ice cream....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6/10/14, 4:47 PM   #8
Re: FRIDAY 13th Bloomington Speedway USAC Indiana Midget Wee
Bloomington Speedway

Everybody keep your fingers crossed and if you have any connections with the weather Gods, please put in a good word for us!
But here is what the Weather Channel is saying "today".

1 member likes this post: racenut69
6/10/14, 5:18 PM   #9
Mud Packer

Race Count Last Year: 59

What I see, Friday looks like an 80% chance of racing to me.

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante

5 members like this post: Charles Nungester, jim goerge, mc/rider, Panama, racenut69
6/10/14, 6:40 PM   #10
racenut69

Over here in Il.,you are lucky if you get a tractor show when it is NEEDED!..Be happy for what you have!..TSS has proven this for the last 30 years..

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > FRIDAY 13th Bloomington Speedway USAC Indiana Midget Week