IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Please read: Pit safety with Fuel
9/6/20, 5:14 PM   #1
Please read: Pit safety with Fuel
Jonr

There was a fire at a Late Model race on Saturday. The accident occurred in Rick Eckert's pits and his five year grandson was injured in the fire. Reports are that the little boy had to be air flighted for his injuries. This tweet is from Rocket Chassis which is one of the leaders in the late model world.

https://twitter.com/Rocket1_Racing/s...76335127597056

9/6/20, 5:16 PM   #2
Racer12

I feel this applies more towards race gas and not fuel. Hope the little guy makes a full recovery.

Bob

2 members like this post: bighd0522, oppweld
9/6/20, 5:20 PM   #3
Re: Please read: Pit safety with Fuel
Jonr

An update of the grandson on Facebook

First of all, I would like to thank everyone for the thoughts and prayers being sent our way. As some of you know, there was a freak accident at Port Royal last night and Lennox was severely burnt. He is sedated, but in stable condition, thank god for the paramedics at the track, the med vac paramedics, and the wonderful doctors and nurses at the Lehigh Valley Burn Center. It’s going to be a long recovery, but he is on the right path so please keep sending those prayers.

3 members like this post: chrismattlin, i love dirt track racing, jim goerge
9/6/20, 5:41 PM   #4
nathans1012

Race Count This Year: 7
Race Count Last Year: 34

This was posted this morning by Rick and his family

Also a little info on Fueling a race car By Rocket Chassis owner Mark Richards

9/6/20, 7:18 PM   #5
sw1911

So do all tracks allow Children in the pits?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

9/6/20, 10:19 PM   #6
hoscalecody

Quote:
Originally Posted by sw1911 View Post
So do all tracks allow Children in the pits?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Not all, but many tracks that I know of allow kids in the pits. I know some tracks have 13-14 year old minimum rule. For me it doesn't depend on age, but how the kid was taught and raised. I've seen some really good 7-8 year olds in the pits and I've seen 16-18 year olds that need to grow up a lot before they come into the pits. Crap there's a lot of adults that shouldn't be in the pits, especially when it's a All-Star or bigger race with some big name there like Larson, Stewart, Kahne etc.....

I'm kinda picky with rules who should or shouldn't be in the pits though. Personally I don't think anyone should be in the pits, unless you are with a team or learning for an upcoming season of you racing. I know a lot of people don't agree with that. More teams should stay longer after the races are over and the pits open for everyone for autographs, but I understand why some teams don't stay. Personally we are one of the last racers/haulers there even if we have a race the next day, but i'm just a nobody mini sprint racer.

Personally I've gone to the races since I was a few months old. I never went into the pits until I was 15 1/2, but that was to get knowledge from teams about mini sprints before we bought one the next year. That was 7-8 years ago though.
Last edited by hoscalecody; 9/6/20 at 10:23 PM.

3 members like this post: EBookerFan, jim goerge, Rcar
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Please read: Pit safety with Fuel