IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Little 500 tips and there are still tickets left.
5/22/17, 6:59 PM   #1
Little 500 tips and there are still tickets left.
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Just wondered if there were any tips to see around the track, what time to get there etc while Im there. It will be my first. Tips on how to watch the race? I'll be on back straight section N.

Also Cincy Ken just informed me that he talked with the track and that there is still about 1500 seats left and there are some together down low and on the back straight. Call Jessica at Anderson Speedway at 765-642-0206 ext 21

1 member likes this post: OnTheHammer
5/22/17, 7:13 PM   #2
Re: Little 500 tips and there are still tickets left.
BrentTFunk

Hot laps are short and at 5. Half the field go at once, then the other half. I try to always hit hot laps. We will be low in turn one stop by for hot laps if you want.

4 members like this post: Augie, Charles Nungester, OnTheHammer, tirespinner
5/22/17, 8:30 PM   #3
Charles Nungester

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentTFunk View Post
Hot laps are short and at 5. Half the field go at once, then the other half. I try to always hit hot laps. We will be low in turn one stop by for hot laps if you want.
I plan to arrive early 3ish. Also got in back of my mind I want to GMATK Sunday. IDK, We'll see Saturday is Certain.

1 member likes this post: BrentTFunk
5/22/17, 10:13 PM   #4
motorhead748

I was wondering about tickets. I may go but I'm gonna wait till later in the week and watch the weather.

5/22/17, 10:54 PM   #5
Charles Nungester

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead748 View Post
I was wondering about tickets. I may go but I'm gonna wait till later in the week and watch the weather.
Not wise, Expected sell out.

3 members like this post: BrentTFunk, motorhead748, team3521
5/23/17, 5:34 AM   #6
Kart29

I prefer to sit on the backstretch. I always try to sit on the upwind side of the track and the back straight is on the south side - i.e. rarely on the downwind

If you can bring a radio with muff style headphones you can listen to the track PA on a low-powered FM signal. That really helps keep up with what is going on.

I bought tickets on the back straight last week and could only get as high as three rows up.

2 members like this post: BrentTFunk, Charles Nungester
5/23/17, 8:08 AM   #7
mc/rider

Race Count This Year: 42

Ive sat at the apex of turns 3&4 in row 6 and in row 22. Both great seats IMO.

2 members like this post: BrentTFunk, tirespinner
5/23/17, 8:13 AM   #8
thebus79h

If you have a scanner, bring one along with headphones. It's cool to hear some race strategy come out.

Be prepared for the dust the first couple of laps until the track gets cleared off. Sounds weird, but the first year it took me by surprise. I sit at the top of 1/2 so it may be worse there than other places, but just be ready for it.

Come early, lots of stuff going on and it's beneficial to get a good parking spot. Hotlaps at 5, which is mainly just a warmup session, and the first time the cars are on a full fuel load all week.

Other than that, it's the favorite race of mine all year. If I had to go to one race, and one race only per year, it would be the Little 500.

5/23/17, 11:52 AM   #9
Nate

Quote:
Originally Posted by mc/rider View Post
Ive sat at the apex of turns 3&4 in row 6 and in row 22. Both great seats IMO.
I like sitting up high in 3 & 4 in the big grandstand. Great vantage point to watch from. It just gets a bit sketchy after you've had a few.

2 members like this post: Charles Nungester, tirespinner
5/23/17, 12:37 PM   #10
scottyCbus

Race Count This Year: 8
Race Count Last Year: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate View Post
I like sitting up high in 3 & 4 in the big grandstand. Great vantage point to watch from. It just gets a bit sketchy after you've had a few.
Went 4 years in a row. 3 of those sitting on the front stretch going into turn 1 about 3 rows from the top loved those seats. Last year sat in the really High grandstand in 3 and 4 hated those seats with a passion. Could feel the grandstand swaying in the wind and the people well A-holes in front of me were smoking and it was blowing in my face and they thought it was funny and it just about came to blows. So this year I'm not going and that saddens me but its all good because I'm going to the Indy 500 for the first time in years the next day and I will be wearing my BC shirt in honor of our beloved Bryan which we all miss very much. Have a great race weekend everybody.

2 members like this post: jonboat15, team3521
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Little 500 tips and there are still tickets left.