IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > USAC Silver Crown Owe's Me $20.00
6/15/14, 9:08 AM   #1
USAC Silver Crown Owe's Me $20.00
red70racer

I spent $20.00 on parking to use my free ticket (worth exactly what I paid for it) to watch 13 Silver Crown cars start and 5 finish.
I appreciate the 14 car owners and drivers that supported this event. My beef is with the all mighty USAC that seems to eff up about every good thing they get going.
Special pavement chassis so NASCRAP would accept them.
Mandate fuel that nobody could make work, for the money.
Show up at a nice facility with 14 cars
I hate people who complain without a solution, here are some ideas that might help their pavement program
1 phase out special pavement chassis cars, do this in a 2 or 3 year period.
2 give dirt cars a weight advantage or some other equalizer to allow them to be competitive with pavement cars
My suggestions might not be the answer, however what they are doing right now is NOT working.

Jeff Palazzolo
Last edited by red70racer; 6/15/14 at 7:13 PM. Reason: Spelling

6/15/14, 10:00 AM   #2
Re: USAC Silver Crown Owe's Me $20.00
BrentTFunk

Everybody thinks they are owed something. Wow one of the true injustices in the history of mankind.

5 members like this post: dirtyd6305, fish, mc/rider, Pat O'Connor Fan, Robbie
6/15/14, 10:02 AM   #3
thebus79h

Didn't they only have 11 last year?

Its going to take time to rebuild some trust with owners and USAC again. Rome wasn't built in a day. Now that's not saying things are done right all the time either...

5 members like this post: davidm, fish, Pat O'Connor Fan, RacinReggie, Robbie
6/15/14, 10:55 AM   #4
red70racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentTFunk View Post
Everybody thinks they are owed something. Wow one of the true injustices in the history of mankind.
Brent
I do not think they owe me $20.00
I was trying to show my displeasure with a style racing that deserves better from an organization that constantly shoots themselves in the foot.
I took some NASCRAP fans to show them our style racing..........they were not impressed

6/15/14, 11:52 AM   #5
Honest-Sam

Last year's race reaults:

http://usacracing.com/news/silver-cr...-gateway-june1

1 member likes this post: Kellen Conover
6/15/14, 6:09 PM   #6
ossuks

Quote:
Originally Posted by red70racer View Post
I spent $20.00 on parking to use my free ticket (worth exactly what I paid for it) to watch 13 Silver Crown cars start and 5 finish.
I appreciate the 14 car owners and drivers that supported this event. My beef is with the all mighty USAC that seems to eff up about every good thing they get going.
Special pavement chassis so NASCRAP would except them.
Mandate fuel that nobody could make work, for the money.
Show up at a nice facility with 14 cars
I hate people who complain without a solution, here are some ideas that might help their pavement program
1 phase out special pavement chassis cars, do this in a 2 or 3 year period.
2 give dirt cars a weight advantage or some other equalizer to allow them to be competitive with pavement cars
My suggestions might not be the answer, however what they are doing right now is NOT working.

Jeff Palazzolo
Add idea #3 Don't cut the purse after you post it !!! Think ahead or at least with the big head!

1 member likes this post: red70racer
6/15/14, 6:09 PM   #7
Speedyk

Can someone explain to me the differences in the pavement silver crown cars? I am very new to the silver crown arena, and the cars intrigue me. Are you all saying the cars that are run on the dirt are not allowed to run the pavement races? So if a guy wanted to run Silver Crown, he would at the very least, need 2 cars to be able to run every race, correct?

6/15/14, 7:12 PM   #8
red70racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedyk View Post
Can someone explain to me the differences in the pavement silver crown cars? I am very new to the silver crown arena, and the cars intrigue me. Are you all saying the cars that are run on the dirt are not allowed to run the pavement races? So if a guy wanted to run Silver Crown, he would at the very least, need 2 cars to be able to run every race, correct?
You are not restricted from bringing the dirt car to the pavement race, or visa-versa
Both have unique designs that bode well for each type track
There are plenty of dirt cars sitting idle because (in my opinion) USAC has not done a good job of taking care of the owners in this division
They are a wonderful class of cars that like you, intrigue me.
Andy Hillenberg has talked a good talk and has done more for the dirt Silver Crown in one year than anyone else has in the last 20 years
I am miffed by the farce that was presented this Saturday.
I want to be perfectly clear, I have no beef with the car owners or the drivers.
I think the showing was an embarrassment to the sport

We need guy like you Speedy to help keep interest in the sport

6/15/14, 10:21 PM   #9
Jonr

Or maybe, if Silver Crown cars were more exciting more people would have one or go watch one. With all of the racing options that we have today, Silver Crown cars are way down on the pecking order. I can think of a lot more things that I would rather go see than a Silver Crown race. I understand that SC fans are passionate about their cars, but the problem is that they are in the vast minority.

2 members like this post: fish, jim goerge
6/16/14, 8:24 AM   #10
SoIllSprinter

You basically ripped on SC for issues which have been addressed. Car owners choose whether they want to run a special pavement chassis. USAC could change some rules to even the field and allow those with dirt chassis an opportunity to participate on pavement. So far, most SC races this year have been better supported by team owners than last year. Let's hope that trend continues.

3 members like this post: BrentTFunk, racing2bwithu2, SC90
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > USAC Silver Crown Owe's Me $20.00