IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > O/T Congrats to Morty !!!!!!!
10/1/12, 4:40 PM   #11
Re: O/T Congrats to Morty !!!!!!!
ronmil

Race Count Last Year: 48

Congratulations and welcome to the club, Randy! I've been a member of this elite group since May 2001 and it's the best job I've ever had! Enjoy your retirement, my friend!

1 member likes this post:
10/1/12, 4:41 PM   #12
BrentTFunk

I really like the picture.

10/1/12, 8:40 PM   #13
mortboyz

Thanks to all for the kind words.....and gee thanks for posting that picture ASQ. No, I wasn't in a rock band (at that time) just a wannabe hippie. The thing to do back in 1979 ya know...LOL Wish I still had half of that hair.
I think I may be off my blood pressure meds by the first of the week, I'm feeling it already.
It was a great job for over half of my life, but now I'm ready to move on and enjoy things alot more.
See you all at the Gold Crown or a track near you...

P.S. Danny, we'll have to work on that picture request for ya
Last edited by mortboyz; 10/1/12 at 8:42 PM. Reason: Forgot something

6 members like this post: BrentTFunk, Koonzee, mowerman, Mud Packer, Red Hat, ronmil
11/1/12, 5:31 AM   #14
Andrew S. Quinn

Today is the big day. Hope you remembered to buy some Geritol!!

2 members like this post: Danny Burton
11/1/12, 9:19 AM   #15
Pine

Congratulations Morty !!! You deserve it.....If you need a chauffeur, for the right price, I'm available...ENJOY

11/1/12, 10:50 AM   #16
dirtnut

Congratulations Morty! I highly recommend retirement and have been for five years. Poweri show at DuQuoin next month will be race 83 for 2012. Life is good. Again, congratulations Morty and see you at the races.

11/1/12, 11:42 AM   #17
FishBurger

Hope you enjoy the heck out of your retirement Morty. All in all it's a pretty good gig, though it doesn't pay worth a darn and you gotta be old to get it. See ya at the races.

11/1/12, 3:23 PM   #18
mortboyz

Thanks again folks. I'm enjoying this deal more every day. Been busier than a cat covering $hit, but it's been great so far.
No Geritol yet ASQ, but a couple a BudLights are doing the trick....

2 members like this post: Andrew S. Quinn, Danny Burton
11/1/12, 4:14 PM   #19
Andrew S. Quinn

Quote:
Originally Posted by mortboyz View Post
Thanks again folks. I'm enjoying this deal more every day. Been busier than a cat covering $hit, but it's been great so far.
No Geritol yet ASQ, but a couple a Bud Lights are doing the trick....
I hear you have been busy lately trying out for a part in the next Batman movie

Without as much hair at the 2011 Gold Crown wearing the latest in Arnie Knepper Memorial duds. Who is that man behind those Foster Grants??
Last edited by Andrew S. Quinn; 11/1/12 at 4:16 PM.

2 members like this post: BrentTFunk, Red Hat
11/1/12, 5:43 PM   #20
Andrew S. Quinn

Quote:
Originally Posted by mortboyz View Post
I'm enjoying this deal more every day. Been busier than a cat covering $hit, but it's been great so far.
Hopefully you've had the chance to go out hunting. I never realized it,but Morty is quite a Hunter. His brother told me this story at Little Belleville earlier this year,and he swears its true!

Seems as though Morty was down south duck hunting one day,and shot a couple ducks. As he was walking out of the woods with the ducks a game warden appeared and told him he had to check the ducks out. Game warden takes on of the ducks,shoves 2 fingers in the duck and says "This duck is from North Carolina." Takes the other duck,gives it the 2 finger treatment and says "This duck is from Louisiana.I dont suppose you have your North Carolina and Louisiana duck stamps do you?"

Morty says to the game warden it just so happens that I have,and pulls the 2 duck stamps out of his wallet and shows the game warden.

Game warden says that's amazing,say where are you from anyways?? Well old Morty bends a little at the waist and says to the game warden "Why dont you tell me!"

2 members like this post: monkeyboy, racephoto1
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > O/T Congrats to Morty !!!!!!!