IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Shoot Out Results
1/1/15, 11:39 PM   #1
Shoot Out Results
DAD

They ran off 91 races Thursday the First of January over at Tulsa. I watched a few of them, any place I came in they were good. Of course the races I payed most attention to were the 1200cc Mini Sprints. Those guys from Oklahoma are kind of behind the times don't you know (They really don't know that we are "Lightning Fast", and not a Mini any more). Several things stuck out in my opinion. The first thing was>>>Boys it still looks like easy pickens over their to me, it is sure a shame we could't get a few MMSA hot shoes out their to add a little competition to their races.

The 1200cc cars or as they called them the "Big Cars" ran the last 4 races of the night. They said that they liked the sound of them big old motors over the high pitched 600cc motors. I guess after 90 races any change would be good. Rod Henning looked real good in his race, and is on my short win list. Casey Shuman drove one of the better races of the night once again proving there is something that goes into winning other than motor and chassis. I am not for sure but I think he just might be racing with "Traction Control", too bad they can't take it away from him because it was something his daddy gave him a long long time ago. Frank Flud also looked very good and once again proves we need to keep these pros from racing our cars because they will cause all the back markers to go out and spend tons of money on engines trying to keep up with them. The last driver that looked really promising to me was Andy Baugh from Illinois, passing a lot of cars on his race to the front, he just ran out of laps. One of these 4 guys will probably be taking home one of them Drillers Saturday night.

I also saw a few Kenyon Midgets racing with us, doing a pretty good job, kind of took me off guard when watching them race and seeing the motor long ways in the chassis. The darned cameraman wouldn't stay on one car long enough for me to clock any decent consistent lap times, but to me looks like the EchoTec-Focus cars and us are turning pretty consistent times also about 12.5 to 13 second laps. I bet a Kenyon with a 200HP late model motor would also be something to contend with also.

DuQuoin should be very very interesting!!

Honest Dad himself
Last edited by DAD; 1/2/15 at 12:46 AM.

1/2/15, 10:10 AM   #2
Re: Shoot Out Results
DAD

I was tired last night and perhaps left out a few more possible winners. Anybody from Washington state is going to be tough, and if the guy in the Hyper that got mad at himself for being passed last night is in a house car and he gets his act together will also be tough. I haven't found a main line up yet but bet Andy Baugh should have the favored starting position.

Honest Dad himself

1/2/15, 10:32 AM   #3
davidm

Race Count This Year: 21
Race Count Last Year: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAD View Post
I was tired last night and perhaps left out a few more possible winners. Anybody from Washington state is going to be tough, and if the guy in the Hyper that got mad at himself for being passed last night is in a house car and he gets his act together will also be tough. I haven't found a main line up yet but bet Andy Baugh should have the favored starting position.

Honest Dad himself
Was that Mike Dicely in the Hyper House car?

1/2/15, 11:35 AM   #4
DAD

david

Mike is not on the drivers list this year.

Guess it was Eric Drake from Washington State, Casey just motored right around him I think. I don't think Mike would beat on his steering wheel after the race. Boy them cameras can zoom in, (you want to be careful around the race track and picking your nose etc.). Reminds me of the time a few years ago when they zoomed in on Casey's dad Ron adding power steering fluid to his car during caution laps at the Chili Bowl.

Honest Dad himself
Last edited by DAD; 1/2/15 at 11:51 AM.

1 member likes this post: cshuman
1/2/15, 2:17 PM   #5
DAD

Casey

I know you will Give Bob his money's worth. I would have liked to have seen you in a FSC 37 house car with a bad ZX10R under the hood.

Honest Dad himself

1/2/15, 4:43 PM   #6
cshuman

We have a little more work to do to win this thing, but we can.. Would love to run a FSC car here, AJ and I have always run well together, and I know his lightning sprints are always fast!

2 members like this post: DAD, i love dirt track racing
1/2/15, 4:55 PM   #7
DAD

Casey

Takes a special driver to make an FSC car work. Most drivers only use about 90% of what the car will actually do. The faster and further you take it the more it like it, and I would say you fill that bill.

I got my money on you Kido like I keep saying the smart money bets the Jockey.

Honest Dad himself
Last edited by DAD; 1/2/15 at 4:57 PM.

1/2/15, 6:13 PM   #8
El1teBr33ze

Dad - here's the lineup as of last night.

Gunderson - Quick
Flud - Turner
Lemley - Shuman
Drake - Henning
Ross - Waterland
Helsel - Seavey
Baugh - Burrows

1 member likes this post: DAD
1/3/15, 1:08 PM   #9
DAD

Does anybody have approximate starting times for Mini Sprints and Echotec mains tonight?

Thanks

Honest Dad himself

1/3/15, 2:14 PM   #10
TRKracing

We just ran b mains, so we should be running after 6pm

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Shoot Out Results